Lactose Intolerance?

mrs_jones

Reaction score
Ever since changing from formula to whole cows milk (around 8 weeks ago) rhys has been waking up in the night very very stressed out... screaming his head off and not letting us pick him up. Now we normally only give him a bottle in the evening after his bath (he also has a little milk on his cereal but tbh he doesnt eat a lot of it) and he normally settles straight to sleep after his bottle. around 1-2 hours later he has been waking up crying/screaming... we've been attempting to settle him with water but on the few nights we have given him more milk he has just woken up again and again.

he has also lost a bit of weight (or hes grown taller and not put any more weight on)

i thought maybe it was teething issues at first but it seems to be getting worse... im going to see the HV 2moro but wanted to know if you girls had any advice?

does sound like the milk isn't agreeing with him, defo talk to HV

hmm i think if it was an intolerance it would have shown up before now, would have probably reacted to formula

maybe he is waking because he is still a little hungry, i know Jack used to as Formula can be quite filling but whole milk is just a drink if you see what i mean
But Deffo mention it to HV

ok.. little update..

Went to see HV on tuesday and she agreed that it was the milk that wasnt agreeing with Rhys. Took him off cows milk and back onto baby formula and the change has been amazing! hes slept through the night every night since tuesday, is tonnes happier in himself and he also has his appitite back!

we have an appointment with the dr next tuesday to discuss what the next step is. they called it a Milk Protein Intolerence so its not the lactose thingy..

so glad you have found out what it was, I've never heard of the milk protein thingy
pleased little man is back to normal

I am glad you found out and so quickly.

My 9 year old son has a Milk Intolerance we found out a week before his 3rd birthday after 2 years of various tests. He was taken off everything which contained dairy products and gradually put back on them one by one to see what exactly was causing the problem. The only things he cant have now are alot of cows milk, yoghurt, and fresh cream.

It was hard to begin with especially at birthday parties etc as we had to watch what he was eating especially when he tried to sneak some yoghurt when no one was looking. Now though hes fine, and knows what he can eat and what he cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->