ladies i need help

Sabbie

Reaction score
ok so my story so far....

my son is now 5 and half weeks. i breast fed for a whole day before a bad night after he came out. so 6am that morning i was in the car down the shop buying formula which worked a treat. i had a feeling i wouldnt be able to satisfy him 8lb baby and size aa boobs. anyway so he was on sma normal finished the first tin bought a second but started getting trapped wind. luckily it was my health visitor visit so asked her who said try changing formula to comfort as it sounds like colic. so changed to c&g comfort. worked brilliantly for about 2 days. carried on till the end of the tub then tried aptimil comfort which was terrible. so back on c&g comfort tried with infacol cant use gripe water because of a kidney problem but im at my wits end. he screams every night because of trapped wind hes sicky after feeds because milks sat on wind, hes hardly pooing and when he does its like clay. i hate to see him in pain from the wind and dunno what to try next ive tried massage, bike legs, patting rubbing u name it ive tried it. i need help. has anyone else had same problems and can give me some advice tips. as we speak he is red in the face in pain laid across my lap and im ripping my hair out, which is not so good when ur suffering from hair loss after birth lol. please someone help meeee

My DS was exactly the same. I found that certain formula's with added Iron made him constipated. I had to resort to using a Qtip dipped in Vaseline to help him move his bowels. You could try that if you think he is having troubles with clay type poops it could be he is so full from not having a poop that he seems gasy.

All you do is work his legs a bit like you are doing the "bike". Then take a Qtip dip it in vasaline and while you work his legs take the Qtip and gently rub it on his rectum inserting it just a tiny bit. This will help give him the sensation to "push" on his rectum.

Also I wouldn't keep switching formula I would stay with one for a week or so and if you find he is no better...slowly introduce a new brand/kind.

You could also try feeding him in stages...try half a bottle at a time. I found the more constipated my DS was the more gasy he seemed and the more he wanted to eat..since eating comforted him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->