Ladies on Progesterone supplements

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I got pregnant after doing fertility treatments and was prescribed crinone 8% (vaginal progesterone gel) and estrogen patches and advised to stop using them at 10wks pregnant. It seems like they prescribe everyone to do this at this clinic and it's not just me, but it seems like so many other people on here used them till 12 weeks. I'm nervous about just stopping them cold turkey. I guess my question is did you take them until 10 wks? Or 12 wks? And did you stop cold turkey or taper off?

Hi Hun with my last pregnancy I had progesterone pesserys that you had to insert into your bum. I took them till I had my growth scan at 13 weeks then I just stopped them. No weaning etc. I've been prescribed them this time too but for various reasons I haven't took them yet, I'm 8 weeks and 1 day. I'll be starting on Monday. I will be taking them again until I have my growth scan at 12-13 weeks. It won't do you any harm to continue taking them so if you feel better waiting till your scan then I would continue with them. It will stop you from stressing until you see your baba on a scan.

Good luck x

Thanks I'm considering staying on them till 12 weeks. Maybe stopping the estrogen and just continuing on the progesterone. I'm not sure.

I was prescribed Endometrin after transfer and was given enough until 9 weeks. I had forgotten to bring enough medication when I was travelling, so I had to purchase an extra box, so I have enough until week 10. I plan on staying on it until I run out. I'm ready to stop these supps!!

1nce my clinic proscribe estrogen and progesterone to 12 weeks but I see a lot about people worrying about not weaning off or coming off too early. I am sure you'll be fine if it's what your clinic recommend, they wouldn't do anything to risk their success rates or your oregnancy as that's their ultimate goal too. X

Thanks guys. I think googling things drives me nuts lol. I think I will stop the estrogen at 10weeks , but continue the progesterone until I run out which would be at 11wks.

Hi 1nce,

I conceived through IVF too and was prescribed progesterone suppositories until the 10th week. I was hesitant to stop, but both my ER and my ob/gyn told me it's okay to stop.

Friday was my last day (cold turkey, did not wean off) and so far, so good. No bleeding, no cramps, still feeling nauseous and sleepy (in other words, feeling very pregnant).

Your doctor wouldn't jeopardize your pregnancy, so follow his/her advice.

Thank you cupcake that made me feel a lot better! It seems like the 10 wk mark is a bit less common than 12 wks.

Hiya,I'm in a similar situation.I have been using cyclogest 400mg twice daily but have been told to stop today 8 weeks,I was assured by my clinic that I have enough progesterone and was advice it's standard protocol to stop cyclogest at 8 weeks now...im nervous but do trust their desicion .... its quite nerve wracking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->