Ladies that were in the Over 30's Assisted Conception Club for Baby Numero 1 thread

pinkfee

Mummy to boy/girl twins
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Thought i'd set up a new thread in the pregnancy area to see how everyone is getting on. Be good to see how you're all progressing.

xxx

Great Idea Pink!! Glad your doing well, I bet it must be nerve wracking with 2, I have been bad enough with 1 on board! We don't want to find out the sex, This will be our only baby so we would like to have a surprise, but I think if we were having twins we might contemplate finding out, as I think your right you need to be a bit more prepared, I can't wait until we can start getting everything we need for our baby :) xx

Hi ladies!! Goo idea starting this thread! :) glad you two are doing well!

Like pink, since we are having twins we will be finding out the genders of ours. I have my next OB appt on December 13, and will be 17w2d then, so hoping they can give us some idea even if its not 100%.

MrsH, we were planning on waiting too until we found out it was twins!! I think that will be so cool to be surprised in the delivery room!

Hey... I agree tlm finding out in the delivery room would be cool! but i just can't with 2... i like to be organised and actually even though i always said i wouldn't find out i'm wondering whether I would have been able to hold out if I was only have 1 :haha:

How's the MS? has it stopped for both of you?
Any cravings?
Have you bought anything significant for the baby(ies) yet?

MS is pretty much gone, thank god.. still have slight moments where I think Ooo i don't feel great.. strangely tuesdays seem to be a sick day for me each week.
Haven't had any real cravings, although i'm enjoying mashed potato (yum :))
Haven't bought anything yet really, waiting till after the scan (i'm a bit superstitious about buying too much too early) ... however i scared myself the other day by reading on a twin website that you should have some things ready by 26weeks incase they come early... and i thought crikey we've done nothing!!!

Well TLM your not too fa behind me!! :)
I haven't really had m/s just some smells make me sick and I felt sick all the time, no cravings either, In the early weeks I like rice and I liked lemons, but I wouldn't really say a craving more of a fancy, I haven't got anything yet, a friend of mine brought us a pair of mittens which were the cutest thing I have ever seen, but with my bleeding I have been very cautious too, I am going to wait until January which will still give me 3 and a bit months to get prepared and if worse comes to worse there is always the internet with home delivery!! I have invested in a doppler though so I can listen in on babies heart beat which has been very good during the times I have been bleeding, but I was wary about getting that too. I had my 20 week scan through yesterday and it's a week before Xmas, I am hoping that getting to 20 weeks will make me less worried, I get the odd few decent kicks atm, but I can't wait until I can feel the baby move all the time. So Lovely to see that your both doing well, especially as you have double trouble on board, but you definitely need to be a bit more prepared you might have one of each :D xxx

My ms is still there, literally now at its worst in the mornings so I have been taking zofran a couple of hours before I get out of bed and that's seems to work! I don't like taking it, but it literally is the difference between night and day in how I feel! I am hoping that I will start feeling better and not need it soon!

Other than the odd outfit we have bought nothing, like you guys I am pretty superstitious! And because it took us so long to Ttc and we had to do IVF and we are havibg twins, I think I am extra cautious! Pink, I have heard the same thing about being prepared early. It scares me! I am going to ask at my next OB appt because I am such the planner and have already thought about when to have the shower. I am more worries about being on bed rest and not being able to have a shower. So I have heard that having your shower around 25/26 weeks is good! And that would be nice because then you would find out what you still have to buy. DH and I have looked at Babies R Us and sort of picked out what we like buy have not officially registered yet! I know he looks at all that stud and thinks "do we need it all!?" Lol! We found a crib set that we really like, but the down side is that it's almost $500 a piece!

Not too many cravings here either! I was very much looking forward to apple pie at Thanksgiving though! I definitely have been in ruts where I will eat one thing for a while but it's because it was the only thing that sounded good and I could keep down, Gatorade and macaroni and cheese! Lol!!

im also having twins. didnt wanna find out but../ i scan the boogers all the time so... the boy decided i needed to know. turns out to be one of each. most of the stuff ive gotten has been given to me (cousins, friends etc) as hand me downs. bought car seats and a new car. just finished painting the room yesterday (did 1 wall about a month ago then got lazy again). got my friends scooter out of my garage so now i have a bit more space for the baby stuff they wont need fora long time (a cute kids car etc). joined a twins group and they have given me a ton of the stuff you dont need for long (2 exersaucers, a bouncy chair etc)

i didnt really have any ms. just getting tired and big now. im doing a baby shower dec 16 when ill be 28 1/2 weeks.

Hi everyone! Baby is doing well, starting to feel big - little scared how much worse it will get, lol! We are also leaving gender for delivery. We have almost finished our registry and have been given a few donations, however we have bought very little. DH is still unemployed so not knowing gender has been great because you can't buy too much when you don't know. Our shower is on January 27th, I will be 30 weeks.

Soglad everyone and their babies are doing well!

Hi drsquid & babydrms good to see everything is going well with your pregnancies.

Drsquid wow I'm impressed you're definitely on your way, even if they are secondhand that's what I'm planning on doing. After my scan I'm going round my sisters to raid her loft!

& over Xmas we're planning on sorting out the nursery, well at least starting it, its currently a room where we dump stuff... Poor babas can't leave them in with the washing & general crap!

Ha Pink your babies room sounds like our baby we have our new kitchen in there at the moment, and also dry my washing in there, just until we get our tumble dryer for the utility room which is nearly finished!!
So nice to hear how the rest of you IVF ladies are doing, Drsquid one of each that is just perfect, I forgot there were so many twin pregnancies in here, I was on an English website which is very similar to this and no-one has had twins and 3 of them have had failed IVF's, so I think we have done very well her, must be a lucky group.
You USA girls are very lucky to have baby showers, it's not really something that is done over here, we just get lots of gifts after that baby is born!! So so lovely to hear from you all, I find being in contact with people who have had to have IVF and been through the heart break of infertility to achieve their miracles much more comforting, I find that ITRW people don't tend to understand how precious these babies are, and I know for me it was my only chance of ever having a baby, and you girls understand that xXx

yeah.. im throwing my own baby shower... though im not registered anywhere.. relaly just want cute clothes.. im perfectly happy with 2nd hand (except car seats). oddly even the crib im ok with (belonged to a friend but.. after i put it together we will see if it feels secure.. if it doesnt.. screw it ill get another). yeah the room is a mess right now. there was nothing in there but a blow up mattress before but now there are piles of stuff for the babies in no semblance of order

Hi everyone! Pink thank you so much for starting the thread. I've been wondering how everyone is doing. It's been so nice reading up on where you guys are at. Things are good here. I'm feeling pretty great overall and, like all of you, trying to get my head around stuff we need. I bought a few things on ebay- crib, change table, and pram and got amazing deals. We loved the Stokke stuff but it was insanely expensive in the shop- so we just bought used stuff from rich people who were happy to get it out of their homes. :)
We found out that we're having a boy, but we aren't telling anyone. I just don't feel like getting bombarded with blue stuff. I sort of thought I was having a girl, so it took a week or so to get my head around the idea of a boy, but I'm all onboard now.
Glad to be in touch!!

Hey smurfing good to see you and hear that you're doing well... I had a sick week last week and i think i've figured it out that it was less MS and more indigestion and i've got to lay off the chilli otherwise i'll feel rotten the next day. quite difficult for me as i tend to add chilli to everything! oh well you do what you have to right?!

I had my scan on monday and we also decided to find out what we're having and its a boy and a girl! which i'm very happy about, i think for them it probably would have been better if they had been the same sex but i was just so happy to see that everything was fine in there and so far all limbs etc are present and accounted for, huge relief!

x

Wow Pink that is amazing! Congratulations!! :happydance:
A boy and girl will be so nice- it will be fun choosing names!
How's everyone going with the names, by the way?
We thought we had some ideas but since it took us so long to get pregnant, the names we originally liked don't seem so great anymore. i think we're over them. LOL now, we just need a new one.
I feel embarassed to say, but one thing I'm really struggling with is being ok with the weight gain. I know that the body needs fat stores and I promised I would love my pregnant body (and I mostly do) but sometimes when I get a look at my but in the mirror I really have to take some deep breaths (and my boobs have grown so much they almost scare me LOL).

I know what you mean, some of my favourites we can't use as it doesn't go with our surname or the OH has point blank said no! we've got a couple that we like, but I'm not going to definitely decide on anything until they're here. Cos I think you need to look at the baby and see if the name suits it, so I'm going to have a few names that are contenders!!

Don't be embarrassed smurfing I don't buy into this whole everyone must love pregnancy especially if you've been trying as long as we have. To be honest I think it sucks, so far all day nausea, loose stools (sorry tmi!) and farts that could win an Olympic gold! Isn't endearing me to the whole process! I'm not so fussed with the weight gaining mine is I really don't like my belly button, was always an outy and now it looks weird! and it's sensitive, god knows what it's going to look like when I get bigger! So it kind of makes me not like looking at my bump which is a shame, we're women always critical of our bodies so I think it's only natural x

im loving the belly and for the most part i feel pretty good.. but the weight gain number yikes... today though i guess i over did had a stitch like pain in my right side.. .yowzers. hurt to walk, breath etc. and of course since i had my stupid preterm labor class the other day... im totally paranoid.. but belly was soft, babies were wiggling and it didnt come and go... still horrible though

well I'm glad I'm not the only one having mixed feelings about my body. I mostly love the experience- but some days if I catch a good long look at my butt I have to take deep breaths and say "the extra fat stores are for the baby and will be necessary for breast feeding". LOL
Funny you mentioned the farts. My DH was saying that the baby will be able to recognize the sound of farts before he recognizes our voices since he hears them so often! TMI
I also have an outie pink and it is SO sensitive. The other day our friends 3-year old put his finger right into the button and I almost barfed.
I'm trying not to stress now that my in laws have arrived (remember way back I mentioned that they decided to come for 4 MONTHS- well they are here now). Thankfully they have gotten their own apartment for the duration and are just with us for the first week. But I still find it crazy- and their apartment is only a block away. Yikes. :dohh:

Funny you mentioned the farts. My DH was saying that the baby will be able to recognize the sound of farts before he recognizes our voices since he hears them so often! TMI
I also have an outie pink and it is SO sensitive. The other day our friends 3-year old put his finger right into the button and I almost barfed.
I'm trying not to stress now that my in laws have arrived (remember way back I mentioned that they decided to come for 4 MONTHS- well they are here now). Thankfully they have gotten their own apartment for the duration and are just with us for the first week. But I still find it crazy- and their apartment is only a block away. Yikes. :dohh:

Smurf - the comment your DH made, made me laugh! that will be highly true in our house aswell!
and just reading that comment about the 3 year old made me want to gag! i'm glad i'm not the only one with a sensitive belly button area...whats even more disturbing recently is when i'm sitting or lying down, there has been activity underneath the area, causing my belly button to go in and out! fascinating to watch but really disturbing aswell!!

Good luck with the inlaws! at least once they aren't with you anymore, if it all gets too much you can pretend you're not in! :winkwink:

Drsquid that didn't sound good... i sometimes forget that i'm pregnant and push myself a bit too much and then two little people let me know about it afterwards! Your nearly 28weeks! Ooo thats exciting, how big are you? i feel massive already and am nervous about how big i'll end up and whether i'll look like tweedle dum!

Got a few bits and bobs from my sisters over the weekend, so feel at least like i'm starting to prepare. I've just sent off to the 'Twin course' at my local hospital, so hoping they've got room and we'll be able to do the tour in Jan sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->