Ladies that were in the Over 30's Assisted Conception Club for Baby Numero 1 thread

I've had a tough few weeks, my father died from cancer on 2nd Jan :cry::cry:he had been having chemo for the last 6mths and we thought that he was making good progress but unfortunately he took a turn for the worse the week before xmas and on xmas eve we were given the awful news that the cancer had spread and he just deteriorated after that. My mother is also in the process of being diagnosed with dementia, as my father was her primary carer we're now in the process of trying to find care options to look after her, its been very stressful.

His funeral is on thurs :cry:and its snowing... i really hope it stops soon otherwise it could be a nightmare or really pretty i suppose depending on how you look at it?

as for me and the babies, i'm doing fine (i think) got a scan and consultant apt on tues which i can't wait for to make sure everything is okay. but with everything thats been going on i haven't been able to focus on the babies or get excited about them coming which is making me sad aswell. i have managed to get some bits and pieces together but its not the way i imagined these few months before they are born to happen.

how are you babydrms? when are you due?

Hi Pink :hugs: holidays can be awful when you have such hard things going on. I agree, it will be beautiful for your father. I know another bnb gal who was pregnant when she lost her mom, as well as my bff did too, it is a tough time to lose a parent.

Things are good, I'm due 3/31 - but since I'm a singleton I will probably go after you :haha: lately we have been focusing a crazy amount of energy working on our home. I guess I'm nesting :shrug:

yeah I probably will ;)

hoping the scan & apt tomorrow will give me a better idea of when.

glad things are well, I'm looking forward to the nesting as my house could do with an intensive clean!!

pink - im still a slug and getting worse. thank goodness my folks are cleaning. it is awesome. i was too overwhelmed. but they pile stuff up and i just have to go through it. im so sorry about your father and mother, that is just so hard. i dont think ill ever be old enough to not need them

Drsquid - couldn't agree more, we always need our parents! So glad yours have arrived to help you!

Pink - I wish I could say we are cleaning, but it has been more like painting and reorganizing. We had to take apart our guest room to make it a nursery and we are trying to figure out how to make everything fit in the rest of the house/garage. Then, we will do the same in to our den and make it a playroom. However, the house still needs a deep clean! Drsquid has given me an idea, maybe I can ask the Grammies to give us a hand with that.

as crazy as it is to me (cause i hate cleaning) my folks are really getting into it. i have to suck up how uncomfortable it makes me feel that my dad is going through my personal papers etc but.. i appreciate their help so... it seems to make them feel really involved and excited... and what grannies dont like cleaning =) main important thing.. just get out of the way. they are ok with me lying/sitting down and sorting through piles. ive thrown out/donated tons of stuff. i feel better with a clean house (though it looks like a tornado went through cause everything is pulled out etc). cleaners come today and will actually do the floors etc

Hi Everyone,
Pink I'm so sorry to hear about your father and your mother. I agree that we always need our parents. I'm on the other side of the world from my mom and it is hard, but at least with skype etc we can make it work. I hope things get better for you and you can focus your energy more on yourself and the babies.
We've been struggling as my FIL had another mini-stroke a couple of weeks ago and we're also worried my MIL is starting with a bit of memory loss. It's tough to try to help them when they are far away. :-(
As for nesting and cleaning- we're trying to get some work done. I broke down and adjusted our budget so we could have a cleaner come once a week (I'd love to have the grannies come over but it's a 20 hour flight). That little bit of extra help has made a world of difference. Instead of spending our spare time vacuuming and tidying, we can try to figure out what's going on with the baby room, or just enjoy relaxing on the sofa (my new favorite place!!).
My boobs have increased to epic proportions at this point. I think I'll fall forward when my milk comes in.
So nice to hear how things are going with all of you.

cleaners are worth EVERY penny. especially cause it gets me to straighten up before them come etc. otherwise i lose total control and then i get overwhelmed etc

Oh I used to love to have the house cleaned professionally, haven't in a while but perhaps as a push gift, lol!

Smurf, I thought the in-laws were coming by you for a few months. Sorry about their decreasing health, my parents are also agony too quickly and have several concerns. Not an easy thing to deal with. :hugs:

Hey Everyone- how are you all going?
I hit the 31 week mark tomorrow and I'm mostly feeling good. Are you all in prenatal classes? How are they going? We're trying hypnobirth and have done 2 classes so far. I'm not 100% convinced that I'll cruise through birth zenned out but I like some of the philosophy behind it so I'll try.
My in laws are STILL here (arrived Dec 6, staying until March 20). As expected, there have been some family dramas during that time. Luckily they are away traveling for a couple of weeks. I feel terrible but I can't wait for them to leave. :-/
Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Smurf, at least your in-laws are leaving in March - I thought it was longer!! I have been so curious about hypnobirthing. I think I get the main idea but I have yet to have a patient utilize it. I am excited to read your birth story!

Hey... well i think i'm 32weeks but there seems to be a lot of debate over my EDD date so far i've had 3 different dates which is starting to irritate me... with everything to do with my mum and dad i've not really had the time or the inclinenation to look antenatal classes... plus as i'm not sure whether i'm going natural or having a c-section so i'm not sure its worth me investing in them. And i'm not sure if it might be too late!

I've done a twin induction day at the hospital where i'll be having them and that was really good, so i'm glad i've done that. And at my next scan on tuesday if I find out that i'm looking like having a natural birth i've found some breathing classes that I can go to. And then afterwards i'll probably join the twin groups in my local area to try and find other twin mums so we can share our woes and worries about raising two humans at the same time!

as for your in-laws, don't feel bad at all... i think you've done wonderfully to have them with you all this time, don't think i could live with mine for a day! ;)

Hey how is everyone getting on?

Drsquid - have you had your babies yet?

i'm now on maternity leave and it feels very strange not to have to go to work everyday... even though there is lots to do I feel like i don't know what to do with myself!

hope you are all well x

Hi Everyone- Congrats Pink on starting your mat leave. I can't wait. I have so much to do before it starts- it feels like a lifetime away.

I was just thinking this morning again about what an amazing journey this whole process has been. I hope you all are giving yourselves a massive pat on the back for surviving AC and LTTC- it wasn't easy was it!!?? But we're all going to be MOMs soon. How amazing.

Thank you for being so supportive- the original thread we all were a part of seriously kept me sane. I hope to hear how momy-dom is going for all of you soon.

:hugs::hugs:

hey smurf have you decided when you are going to start your maternity leave or are you going to try and work right up until you can? i found the travelling was getting too much for me, people on public transport were nice and were giving me seats, but it was more of having to be at a certain place at a certain time that i was finding difficult. Plus having twins I had a panic attack that i'd go into labour early at my desk or something!!

I can't quite believe i'm here either and they are so tantalisingly close to being a reality... i also found the previous thread extrememly helpful and i definitely think we all need a huge pat on the back for making it this far!

looking forward to hearing about the arrivals!!! x

Hi Girls, well I had my baby on 1st of May at 13:20 by c-section as baby was breech and I had a low lying placenta! My yellow bump was a lovely little boy we have called him Raife Jensen and he is just so amazing and such a good contented baby, cannot believe my luck! Definitely happy with my little miracle! Hope you ladies are all well!? Looking forward to more updates xxxx

Congratulations mrs H, I gave birth also by c-section on 22march to Ana and Ewan, so babas are 6 weeks old. It's crazy busy so I don't get on here much anymore. Glad your doing well. X

Yes Pink I remember when you had those 2 cutie pies!! What about everyone else? I am sure the rest of us have most likely had our babies! Must be hectic with 2 it's bad enough with one, but we have been very lucky as he is such a contented baby (for now) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->