Ladies TTC after the depo!

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
So I had one depo shot last october which finished january 4th. Got my first period since coming off it in april and im currently coming off my second period which started on the 28th of may. How long did it take you ladies to get pregnant after you got your period back after the injection? And also when should I ovulate? Thanks!

Hello

I got my first ever depo shot in November 2012 was suppose to go back in February for second one but I didn't, it's been almost 4 months and still no period, your actually really lucky to have gotten your periods back so soon.

I would like to ttc but without a period it's so hard to know what's going on with my body. It's so frustrating.

The doctor told me it can take 18 months for them to come back :(

I hope because my periods have come back so soon it means i'm really fertile or something, but it's still so frustrating, I'm never getting another depo shot ever!

Neither I'm I!!!

I really thought it would be ok for me as I didn't want another for a while but I've changed my mind big time.

It so annoying as I went from having regular periods to nothing, I'm worried I won't get the nice 2-2 1/2 year age gap I've always wanted :(

Neither I'm I!!!

I really thought it would be ok for me as I didn't want another for a while but I've changed my mind big time.

It so annoying as I went from having regular periods to nothing, I'm worried I won't get the nice 2-2 1/2 year age gap I've always wanted :(

Same here! Things happened and situations changed and now i'm so broody it hurts! I went to see my friend who just had twin girls and I was beyond jelaous! I also want a close age gap x

Neither I'm I!!!

Same here! Things happened and situations changed and now i'm so broody it hurts! I went to see my friend who just had twin girls and I was beyond jelaous! I also want a close age gap x

Have you tried ovulation tests? Might be worth a try as you've got your menses back x

Yes I have, still brown spotting where i'm coming off my period so no positives yet, I never knew how much 2 lines could mean to someone until I started ttcing, just wish I knew when I ovulated! x

I had my last shot August 2012. AF came back in April, so it took me about 6 months. New cycle should start today so I'm patiently waiting. It's weird that I want it to come so I feel regular but I don't want it to come hoping I get a BFP.

I wonder a lot if I'm ovulating just because I have my cycle or is it possible that I'm it ovulating yet ?

Took 7 months for my periods to return and there was irregular longest was 35 days last moth was 30 so hopeing there are returing to normal.

Hi ladies,
I’m a mother to a 2 year old boy, after I had him I got ONE depo shot in July 2011, had my period the whole time so I went on the patch to regulate my periods (for one cycle). It has now been 21 month after depo shot was due and I haven’t been able to conceive. Its crazy how I got pregnant in one night with my first and now that I’m actually trying I can’t conceive. My af ranged from 30 to 34 to 28 days, but in the past 4 months they have been 28 and 29. I hope is my body going back to normal and hopefully gets to conceive. Has anyone been off depo for more than 18 month and still not pregnant?

Ive been off for a year I only got one shot in march 2012 not bfp yet af came back the month my shot ran out which was in June got af June 16th they were super long cycles then settled at 26days with ovulation on cd 14 this cycle I'm ovulated on cd 16 so I think I will be going back to my 28day cycle like before depo if I don't get bfp this cycle. Fx

I got my one and only depo shot 10/12 (didn't go back 1/13 because I gained weight, experienced anxiety, and it killed my sex drive). I bled 2/3 months on it, but it stopped when the shot was supposed to wear off. had a bit of a period 2/13, went 5 weeks without, then bled for the entire month of april (6 weeks total). had a normal cycle in may, ended normally and af was only 5 days, so i was excited. Less than 10 days later af was back... finally ending now after just over a week. I think I would have preferred having to wait for af to return! (the gyno didn't think anything of it, my iron levels were good, and she just blames it on depo. said if i haven't become pregnant by next year, she'll start to look further into it.)

im glad I saw this post....... I got preg 2 days after the shot ran out in 2005 with my eldest daughter..

I got one shot on 1st march this year and it ran out 24th may because we decided to just see what happens, 2 days ago I saw some teeny signs of spotting then last night had a weird *TMI alert* like stretchy gooey like bloody thingy then today when I checked again there was more but all mixed with fresh looking blood im not sure that its a period or anything like ive ever had before had crampy pain more on the left side and horrible aching in my lower back that could also point towards AF.....

is all this symptoms of coming off the hideous depo or not? I went to the docs and she didnt really listen to a word I said she just said if I don't get a period in 2 weeks to go back for a preg test well ive done leads coz its really bugging me plus I am soooo impatient lol

anyone else had and spotting like this?? x

It's funny how some people are spotting and seeing a bit of blood because I haven't seen any blood (apart from maybe lil spotting a month on depo) for 7 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->