Ladies What are your Los weighing at 3 years & weight gain issue

Peachypoo

2 angels & another baking
Reaction score
im soo struggling with my lo since she started weaning to gain weight and she has been dropping centiles for such a long time and now is just below the 25th... im really worried about her as she doesnt eat well...
ive spoken to drs and hv and they seem not bothered and cannot see my concern....im hoping you ladies can help...:kiss::kiss:

is there anything i can give her to help her gain weight....

much appreciated...

If doctors aren't concerned then I wouldn't be either. I think its quite common for them to drop a few centiles now and again. Amelie has been dropping them and going back up from 2nd to 50th since she was born. She's now 25th and she's been 25-26lbs for AGES. I think weight gain really slows when they're about 2 cos toddlers are sooo active.

Ways to introduce more calories..

if she eats porrige, put cream in it. add full fat cheese to as many dishes as you can (pasta, mash, sandwiches etc). Use full fat milk where you cant use cream. Maybe research what vegetables and fruits are most calorific (like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsnips etc have loads more calories than lettuce would lol). Frying is obviously more calories than grilling but personally, I wouldn't do this unless it was drastic growth issues for medical reasons like CF or something.

I wouldn't be concerned if the doctors etc. are not worried. Apparently a baby's size and weight (before the age of 2) has very little relationship to their adult build - so big babies can end up small adults and vice versa. That means that their centile growth curve can change dramatically as they get older without it being any cause for concern. So maybe your little one was bigger as a baby than she will eventually be, therefore she is dropping centiles, if that makes sense. The 25th percentile is still really at the lower end of the average range so I really wouldn't worry.

I wouldn't be concerned if the doctors are not. Is she a short child? my daughters paediatrician goes by BMI once they are 2.5/3ish. Tegan is not on a weight centile but nor is she on a height one - she is short and weighs very little, but her BMI is in the healthy range.

I wouldn't be concerned if the doctors etc. are not worried. Apparently a baby's size and weight (before the age of 2) has very little relationship to their adult build - so big babies can end up small adults and vice versa. That means that their centile growth curve can change dramatically as they get older without it being any cause for concern. So maybe your little one was bigger as a baby than she will eventually be, therefore she is dropping centiles, if that makes sense. The 25th percentile is still really at the lower end of the average range so I really wouldn't worry.

i agree :thumbup: my daughter was an almost 9lber and was always at the top of the charts till around 1ish especially for height, then she stopped growing in height and went from the 91st down to around 9th. She is almost two so i have a feeling she will be pretty small - im 5ft3.

:hugs: though, try not to worry as long as shes healthy and no-one else is worrying then its probably just a case of her being an active little thing :haha: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->