Ladies who had first time induced...second time labour what was it like/

Ooh I'll find this interesting too as I was induced with my first, (which I believe was totally unnecessary, I was a midwife, so have a bit of info about this!!), but anyway I'd been ttc for my baby for 6 yrs & many fertility treatments & so just wanted him here safely. I also live in a different country & for some reason seem to have lost some confidence!! Anyway, they broke my waters at about 11am, Synt drip up & epidural in (at 1cm dilated)!! I just sat there, (very bored I may add) with no pain whatsoever!! At 5pm fully dilated, started pushing, no descent, ventouse tried but failed so emergency section. Baby had some breathing issues, (again I'm not so sure about this) so went to NNU. I ended up with 2 units of blood & an iron transfusion. But at the end of the day I have my gorgeous boy & I'm fine. This time round, moving back to the UK & hoping to try a VBAC, we'll see!! Apparently I've got an acute pelvic angle, which is why he didn't descend?? However, I was strapped to a bed, fully epidural in force for the whole labour, so I think that may have had more to do with it!! Wow, sorry for the long rant!!

Jayne x

I went into labor on my own with my first child at 37w and had no real problems at all. I was advised that I should be induced with my second child since I was at 41.5w. Being tired of being pregnant, I agreed without doing one shred of research. It was one of the very worst experiences of my life and I do partially blame myself for not looking into what I was agreeing to.

I plan on being pregnant this time as long as I need to be, I will wait until baby is ready unless there is some pressing medical need. There was not one the last time, I think it was just suggested as a convenience to the doc and I stupidly thought it MUST be the best idea...6 years later, I have done my research and I hope and pray I don't need an induction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->