ladies who have had a MMC?

I recently had a MMC and the only pregnancy symptom I had at the beginning was extreme fatigue which did indeed lift at what would have been the stage the baby passed on, HOWEVER when I was pregnant with my LO who is now 17 months old, I had a sudden loss of symptoms around the 9 week point and everything turned out fine so I think the best advice to get would be medical advice just in case you are worrying unnecessarily.

Good luck, hope everything is ok

xx

I think that the MMC becomes such a boogie man because it is just that - a missed miscarriage. We want everything to be so concrete and so straightforward and so OBVIOUS. I'm pregnant, and I want someone to scan my belly every single day and tell me that the baby is okay. And if it's not okay, then I damn well want to know immediately.

Not knowing something is the worst feeling, and it's so hard early on in pregnancy because, sure, maybe you've got morning sickness or your ladies are a bit sore, but really, nothing is certain. You're not feeling the baby move, it's too early to find a heartbeat on a home doppler, and you're not really showing yet. It's easy for that doubt to sneak in and convince you that something is wrong, even if you're really just having a good few days.

I know it's impossible not to worry, and I can't say yes or no to something being wrong because I'm not there with an ultrasound, but the best thing you can do (and I can do, because I'm scared as hell, too) is take deep breaths and just hope and pray for the best. The outcome will be the same whether you fret and stew or you just roll with it. At least, that's what I keep telling my neurotic self, so I may as well celebrate like everything is okay while I have the chance. I'm trying not to worry that something is wrong until I know that something is wrong.

And believe me, I know how difficult that is, because I'm there, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->