Ladies who have had IUDs

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
did you feel any pain when you moved?

I had one before we started TTC and didn't have any issues. Have had another put in and am finding it uncomfortable when I move a lot. Not searing pain, but enough to make me wince.

Is it just because i've now had a pregnancy?

I have an IUD and it's no different from the first time I had one.

hmmm. i think I am going to have to go back and have it checked out. since having it in my periods have been a lot longer and heavier. I know it happens but when i had my first IUD my periods went from 5 days to 7 days. Now my periods last 2 weeks (so much for everyone's theory a baby sorts your system out). It just doesn't feel right.

I had an IUD and never even felt it! I don't think you're supposed to.. You should have it checked out hun. xx

I had mine put in in 2011, and removed in march. The only time I ever felt it was for the placement, and removal! I'd def go back to your dr

hmmm. i think I am going to have to go back and have it checked out. since having it in my periods have been a lot longer and heavier. I know it happens but when i had my first IUD my periods went from 5 days to 7 days. Now my periods last 2 weeks (so much for everyone's theory a baby sorts your system out). It just doesn't feel right.

Well I don't know about the period part. I haven't had a period since having Violet and I have a different kind of IUD so I suspect it would affect my periods differently. But as far as feeling it, it's the same. You should not feel it. Which kind do you have anyway? Is it paraguard or Mirena? I had Mirena the first time and have paraguard this time around. Mirena should make your periods lighter or make them go away. Paraguard can make them longer.

I have an iud as well and I have no complaints except that my periods comes more frequently but it is lighter. The only other thing is that I felt it decreased my milk supply but I was still able to breastfeed dd for a year.

Well I don't know about the period part. I haven't had a period since having Violet and I have a different kind of IUD so I suspect it would affect my periods differently. But as far as feeling it, it's the same. You should not feel it. Which kind do you have anyway? Is it paraguard or Mirena? I had Mirena the first time and have paraguard this time around. Mirena should make your periods lighter or make them go away. Paraguard can make them longer.

I have the Nova Copper T. That's what I had before, for 5 years, and never had any issues. When i had my first one put in, my periods did go a little heavier and went from 5 days to 7 days.

Now with the same type, i have a 2 week period of which one week is really heavy (super tampons replaced every 2-3 hours).

Going to call and make an appointment tomorrow with the Dr.

I have the Nova Copper T. That's what I had before, for 5 years, and never had any issues. When i had my first one put in, my periods did go a little heavier and went from 5 days to 7 days.

Now with the same type, i have a 2 week period of which one week is really heavy (super tampons replaced every 2-3 hours).

Going to call and make an appointment tomorrow with the Dr.

Sounds like you've got another brand of Paraguard. It can cause those kinds of problems and your body isn't necessarily going to react the same after pregnancy as your body has changed. Getting checked out sound like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->