Ladies with lowlying placenta -when ru starting mat leave?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Poisonwood, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Poisonwood

Poisonwood Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Ive mentioned this is a few posts but got diagnosed with lowlying placenta 20wk and it hadnt moved by 25. I know it has plenty of time to move round but dr wanted me to be prepared to take it easy at end of pg and be aware I might have to have csection at 36wk just in case. Am now so worried and paranoid at work in case I start bleeding am thinking about going on early mat leave but that will mean going off sick. What do you all advise???

2. Emmy1987

Emmy1987 Mummy to a princess!

Mine's the same but I don't have another scan to check until 33 weeks, so I'm taking my leave at 34 weeks. I had no idea it could cause bleeding etc :O

3. NandO1

NandO1 sticky bean #3

im going at 29 weeks, the placenta thing has worried me as from what i understand is that the further along you are the more risk of bleeding.

4. superbambi

superbambi Member

I have the same thing I think. My doc called it a previa placenta. I had no idea any of the risks as you got farther along though. I am 24 weeks and now a bit concerned.

Also I was wondering is feeling your baby down very low all the time ok. i feel her quite often just only in my very low abdomen. Only once in a while i feel her by my belly button. This is my 2nd pregnancy but with the first it just felt way different.

5. Poisonwood

Poisonwood Well-Known Member

I think you do, I think it gets officially diagnosed as placenta previa a bit later on in placenta when it really looks like its not going to move and you get booked in for c section.Ive spoke to a couple of people who had it and since had babies and both said their placentas moved round but really late. Im thinking about going off at 29wk too. I do also feel baby low, and bump looks low on me (1st baby). when lying on back I fell kicks more at the level of my belly button. Its confusing how consultants say different things but i would check. My midwife confirmed later that if placenta still low (am having scan at 28 wk)to go off work at 29wk BUT im a teacher in a big challenging high school so am on my feet all day and its pretty stressful .

6. superbambi

superbambi Member

Thank you so much for all your feedback. It helps when you talk to someone who understands what you are talking about. I went today to the doctor. He is going to do another ultrasound at 27 weeks and see where we stand. Hopefully everything turns out ok. I work as a marketing assistant for a cosmetic distribtuor but lately if feels like I am going non stop. Maybe I should go on maternity leave early. Will the doctor let me know if he recommends this? This feels way more compicated than the first time around. I just want my lil joy-bug to be safe and healthy!