Laparoscopy & ERPC...and when to TTC again

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was admitted on Monday night for a suspected ectopic pregnancy, with a laparoscopy & ERPC done on Tuesday. I'm now on the sofa recovering from the two holes in my abdomen.

I'm not bleeding, so I'm extremely fortunate.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and how long you waited before TTC again?

Part of me never wants to do it again, but the other part wants to start straight away. My OH wants to try again when I'm ready.

I got conflicting messages from the four (!) doctors who came to talk to me in hospital (although I was totally ignored after the op and it took them about 18 hours to finally come speak to me) I got the impression I should wait until I've had at least one period, which makes sense.

I'm mostly worried about my uterus lining being thinned out, or the surgical holes being weak spots which can cause problems, etc.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any advice, experiences, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your loss. Was it ectopic in the end? Rest up and wait at least one cycle to heal as you don't want any infections. I waited 3 months after by ectopic surgery before ttc again as advised because i had a misscarriage just 3 months earlier and they wanted me to give my body a rest. However, one cycle should be physically sufficient wait.

Good luck xx

Sorry to hear of your loss - hope you aren't too sore and feel better soon.

We were recomended to wait three months/three cycles to heal up after the ectopic before TTC again. I would really recommend the ectopic pregnancy trust website and forum for lots of really useful information. It helped me a lot after my ectopic since every doctor seems to say something different xxx

I'm sorry, I left out a pretty crucial bit of info, it wasn't ectopic in the end, they found the remains in my uterus rather than my tube as they thought.

The pain and cramping is worse today than it has been so far.

Thanks for your responses. Even though it's horrible for all of us, it is comforting to me that I'm not the only one going through hell right now.

So sorry for your loss hon...and the insensitive treatment you got...seems to come in the hospital...maybe they don't realize how emotionally (and physically) devastating it is for a woman.

I would wait at least one cycle...for the reasons you said to give your lining a chance to be nice thick and cozy for a new baby. I know for me that was the case because my 1st period was very light and not usual...now everything since then is completely back to normal. It's hard to wait but it might be best in the end and also gives you time to grieve and mourn your little one. :hugs:

We've decided to wait till AF shows up and then we'll see how we both feel about it. OH wants to try again, I need to wait and see how my emotions are.

The doctors really angered both of us, I came out of Recovery at about 3PM and didn't see a single doctor until 8:30 the next morning...and then four seperate doctors came to talk to me, I'd never seen two of them before, and all did the sympathetic look and touch the arm deal. Meh. But the surgeon's information was the most useful.

They were all rather clinical about it, but I'm rather clinically-minded so it helped me. One of them was super patronising, though. blegh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->