Laparoscopy / Ovarian Drilling (Clomid Resistant) Buddies :)

Nita2806

Mom to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have done 2 rounds of Clomid and did not Ovulate :cry: I am currently trying a 3rd round along with glucophage - my doctor seems certain that it wont work but we want to make sure I am Clomid resistant. After this round I need to do a laparoscopy / Ovarian Drilling which after I will go over the injectables / IVF.

Just some history: I stopped BCP in March where after I did not Ovulate on my own again (I did Ovulate and have regular cycles before BCP) I have not been diagnosed with PCOS but it seems like I do have it.

Any one else with me? :cloud9:

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. It's such a hard thing to deal with. Have you had any testing at all? Has a sperm analysis been done? 3 day bloods and ultrasound? HSG? Why hasn't PCOS been ruled in or out?

Going from three rounds of clomid straight to IVF seems like a really big jump.

Laparoscopy seems really extreme before other less invasive testing has been to rule out lesser but very addressable issues.

Hi messica, DH will have his sperm tested in the beginning of next month. I still have this last cycle on Clomid. Havent done the blood tests yet, but will be requesting them after the cd21 blood test next month. On the ultrasound it showed lost of little follicles. I will be waiting for my next appointment in january to see how things will go from here, but my doctor want to do the ovarian drilling and check my tubes on the same day.

I'd really caution against moving forward with any procedures until you've had all appropriate testing. It may do more harm than good. Especially because you haven't even been diagnosed with PCOS yet.

If you do have PCOS there are treatment options that don't involve invasive or costly procedures. You don't go from three months of clomid and that's it to laparoscopy, ovarian drilling and IVF with PCOS. Multiple peripheral ovarian follicles doesn't necessarily point to PCOS. Sometimes Metformin can be all that's needed to reduce the amount and bring success.

Sperm analysis needs to be done twice, 2-3 months apart to establish accurate results. Bloodwork needs to be completed throughout an entire cycle, if not two, to see what's actually going on with your body. If you dive right into IVF without addressing the hormonal imbalances PCOS can cause you may not be able to successfully carry a pregnancy to term, even if you do go to the extreme of completing a round of IVF.

As gently as I can say it, the doctor you have doesn't sound qualified to be recommending what they are. I'd strongly suggest you get a second opinion before letting this one do anything that could make things harder than they already are (or impossible in the future altogether).

Hi Nita. Like you I think I have PCOS but not yet diagnosed.
All the testing have been done. We tried 3rounds of clomid. Then 2rounds of clomid+trigger+IUI. I am still a BFP virgin.

My day3 ultrasound showed multiple follicles on both the occasions, plus my AMH level is 5.47. They say high AMH indicates PCOS. Plus my DHEA/Testosterone level is slightly elevated. But my period is regular and I ovulate regularly. May be that's why they haven't given the diagnosis of PCOS. Only my day3 sonographer suspected PCOS. I will ask about this to my doctor on my next appointment.

Our diagnosis is unexplained infertility. Though my doctor thinks I might have endo. So we are planning to do laparoscopic surgery in March. Then may be we would try clomid again for few months. If nothing then we will try IUI during end of this year. Btw HSG showed my tubes are open and mu uterus is normal.

I hope you get your BFP soon. Why don't you try IUI first before jumping to IVF ?
Do you have irregular periods ?

I have PCOS and wasn't ovulating or having any periods at all after coming off the pill. Lower dose cloned didn't work and higher dose clomid made my lining too thin for any embryos to implant. I had ovarian drilling and immediately got a regular cycle and started ovulating. I got pregnant very quickly, although I miscarried due to low progesterone levels. I got pregnant again immediately and used progesterone suppositories to ensure it was viable

After my eldest was born I continued to have regular cycles. When we were ready to TTC again 15 months later I fell pregnant again immediately but again had a. early miscarriage due to low progesterone. My twins were conceived the following month

I really believe that ovarian drilling solves the route of the problem rather than trying to medicate past it. It was a relatively easy surgery with no big side effects

One thing I would talk to the doctor about though is femera. It is an alternative to clomid and often seems to work better for ladies with PCOS

Hi Ladies, thanks for the advice.

After 2 rounds of Clomid (50mg and 100mg) and no Ovulation I lost some hope. Turns out, 3rd time lucky. I got my results back after I did my CD21 bloodtest on Saturday, and I had a progesterone level of 66, so I finally Ovulated on 150mg Clomid and it looks as though I Ovulated on CD13/14 already. So far Clomid have not thinned my lining (on cycle 1 and 2) - I don't know what my lining is like this cycle - hopefully not too thin. For now, it seems as though the Ovarian Drilling will be put on hold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->