large SCH found at 22 weeks - hope?

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
I've had a 2 night hospital stay because of a lot of bleeding.

Cervix is closed, baby is moving lots.

Had a scan on Monday morning, baby is fine, placenta is up high & functioning properly.

I have a 6cm clot above the cervix.

They told me all the bad things & that if something happens between now & my next appointment (which is in 2 weeks) there's nothing they can do. I did know this but its hard to hear.

All the staff at the hospital were so kind & looked after me well which I'm thankful for.

I have been positive so far. But I'm starting to panic a bit, I'm desperate to give our boy a name, to buy him a teddy ...just in case of the worst.

Im wanting to sing to him, I want OH to kiss him & feel him & talk to him in case these are his last days :cry:

What are my chances of taking a healthy baby home?

I'm right on the edge of them being able to do something to help him survive I'm terrified I'm just going to miss that chance :(

I'm scared of my DD not having mummy on Christmas day because I have to be admitted again. I love Christmas but it just doesn't feel the same now :(

If anyone has a positive experience from 20 weeks onwards I would love to read it x

I just joined in hopes of finding answers. I'm 21+4 with a boy & have a 13 cm one on covering the anterior side of the gestational sac & a 5 cm one by the placenta. Hopefully we will both make it to full term & have healthy babies ��

Hi Jesmommy I'm glad I'm not the only one but sorry your going through this too :flower:

Have you had any bleeding? Its so scary mine has completely stopped now & I'm not sure if that's a good thing? Not sure if its better for it to come out.

Are you having any more scans? I've got one on the 5th.

We are so close to when they can do something to help our boys, we can make it :) hope your doing ok xx

I had a similar size SCH with ds2, found at 12 weeks after a heavy bleed. He hung on ok, through several more bleeds and came naturally at 38w. It did resolve though, as we couldn't find in later scans.

I'm now 11 weeks pregnant with#3 and have another one about the same size, been bleeding since implantation, sometimes very heavy.

My advice would be take it easy as much as possible, keep hydrated but empty your bladder often and don't do anything to irritate your uterus as it will already be a bit grouchy due to the blood. If your bleed is low then at least it can make its way out easier. All 3 of my SCH pregnancies have had the bleed high up.

Will be keeping all crossed it resolves for both you ladies and you go to term xxx

I had a massive 15cm one, low down near the cervix, huge bleeding, including a huge bleed at 26 weeks where delivery was considered imminent, yet he held on to pprom at just over 30 weeks and delivered a week after that. For me that's pretty incredible, considering I just had a 27 weeker, a genetic condition leading to pprom so low down really should have led to more issues in my case. I did bedrest, strict for months, I feel it really, really helps, that and water but bladder emptying like Dan O says.

Good luck hun:hugs:

Thankyou ladies so glad to hear your LOs didn't come too early.

I actually havent had any bleeding at all since it turned to brown before Xmas. Have my scan Monday don't know what to expect but glad we are so close to v-day now.
Thank you for the advice xx

I had a lot of bleeding during my pregnancy, which turned out to be placental abruption. I was monitored closely and induced at 37 weeks when it started to get worse, baby had a few issues but nothing major and is now a happy healthy one year old.

Good luck for tomorrow, brown blood is good as it means it is old. Let us know how tomorrow goes :hugs:

I am with you. I had twins and one got expired at 8 th week but did not get absorbed. I had a huge bleeding at 16 weeks and needed 6 packets of fresh frozen plasma. The bleed lasted for 3 weeks. We found out the second sac has now turned into to big clot and sitting over my cervix. I hope we both get healthy full term babies soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->