Large (subchorionic hematoma) at 16 weeks

deltadawn1987

Reaction score
so long story short I had a bleed at 12 weeks where they saw a subchorionic hematoma wasn’t sure of the size, anyway bleeding stopped then just spotting for a few days today at 16 weeks it was measured and it’s 7cm this is put down as large doctor said that there is nothing they can do, baby was fine today everything normal but did tell me that there’s a risk of miscarriage. Has anyone been through with a happy outcome my next scan is not for another 4 weeks so I’m going out of my mind I feel like I’m going to lose this baby

I'm late with my answer. I had a subchorionic hematoma detected at 14 weeks. After 5 weeks of bedrest it healed. I hope you had a good outcome.

You should go on bed rest to let it heal. I had small ones at 12 weeks and they healed. Fingers crossed all goes wel for you.

Hi. I had a subchronic heamatoma with my now 4 year old little boy. I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks..... then bled until I was 5 months pregnant. And when I say bleed I mean gushes of blood. I had private scans every couple of weeks (plus scans with the NHS)
With my first private scan the sonographer (who is now a very good friend) couldn’t find the heartbeat, I was around 6 weeks at the time, but as she moved we both saw a little flicker! She was astounded as she said it looked like I was miscarrying. Each time I went for a scan, baby was bigger and the clot was smaller. The bigger baby gets the more pressure it puts on the clot and your body reabsorbs it. I took it easy for my whole pregnancy with lots of bed rest and no heavy lifting. I know how scary it can be. Good luck with your pregnancy and I’m sure everything will be fine ☺️ Xx

There is a huge thread on here with hundreds of pages - it is most reassuring. Me and my large haematoma are now at 25 weeks and hoping for minimum at least another 5 weeks! You can find it if you search for subchorionic haematoma.

In the beginning I was bleeding like stink (scrubbing red footprints from the carpets is never fun) and found reading those hundreds of pages very calming.

There is no decent evidence that anything makes any difference, including bed rest (which will increase your risk of DVT and pulmonary embolus). Only small studies without enough participants to really tell us medics anything of use about SCH. I opted for take it easy, avoid lifting, no sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->