Large Uterine Fibroid....anyone with experience?

free_spirtd

Expecting #1!
Reaction score
So after not successfully conceiving (multiple chemical pregnancies) I started to wonder what might be wrong in there. Granted we had only been ttc on and off for a year and half. My cycles started to fluctuate from 19-26 days, bleeding has gotten super heavy (always been heavy so not too crazy of a difference), and multiple other symptoms.

Went to the doc last week due to my second month in a row from passing out from menstrual cramps pain. Doc did an exam and suggested an ultrasound since my uterus was enlarged.

Low and behold... I have a fibroid 8.1cm (about the size of a baseball) in my uterus and the nurse who called back said that it's in an inconvenient, hard to access area. I have no idea what that means, but I am kind of freaking out, scared, now a little depressed after reading up on the complications that could happen in this situation. Women have them removed all the time, however fibroids amount to 30% of the hysterectomy's in the US each year.

Anyone please, have any words of wisdom, input, or success stories? I do know that my ovaries are in good shape the nurse mentioned. I am forseeing surgery in my future, and hopefully being successful at TTC after healing time.... but it's the complications of it's location that scare me the most. I go in on Wednesday to find out more.

Thank you for those that read this.

Hi, yes fibroids run in my family, i had several including onr in a septate which was removed surgically. Usually surgical removal is not hard, my dr punctured my uterus, argh. Anyway long story short i had 2 surgeried in march and may 2012 and got pregnant in dec 2012, i am now pregnant again! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->