Last day at preschool tomorrow x

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Wow, I honestly didn't prepare myself for how overwhelmed and emotional I would feel about dd leaving preschool she has been there for 2 1/2years and it's been the only setting she has been in. It's been a bumpy ride but now I look back and I'm so glad she stayed there. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy hormones but it's just silly. I couldn't sleep the other night because of it :blush: so embarrassing to admit.

Dd seems happy and excited but does say she will miss her teachers and friends and sad she can't take her big people to her new school. She is starting a fresh and will not know any of the children at her new school but I know she will be fab.

It's me I'm a mess!:blush: I'm trying my hardest as I don't want her to pick up on the fact that I'm sad about her leaving.

I've been excited about her starting school as she is definitely ready so why is it this week has been so hard.
Stop growing up just for a little bit longer :baby:

I could have written this myself! Holly's last day of reception is tomorrow and I'm a wreck. I've been crying so much this afternoon and this evening. I just don't know how to deal with it being the end of an era and the whole transition. I was the same when she left nursery last year and I think I'm just going to be the same at every stage to be honest! I hope tomorrow goes well :hugs:

Same. I feel really sad about DD leaving. She is ready for big school but I am not. I'm not overly keen on the school and losing her five whole days a week is hard for me to comprehend. She does 2.5 at nursery and I like taking the girls out during the week when it's quiet and less busy.

I've loved my daughters nursery so I am sad to see her leave her friends (some are going to the same school). We'll still be back at the nursery as DD2 goes but it still feels like an end of an era and big changes are coming to our routine :-(

Wow, I honestly didn't prepare myself for how overwhelmed and emotional I would feel about dd leaving preschool she has been there for 2 1/2years and it's been the only setting she has been in. It's been a bumpy ride but now I look back and I'm so glad she stayed there. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy hormones but it's just silly. I couldn't sleep the other night because of it :blush: so embarrassing to admit.

Dd seems happy and excited but does say she will miss her teachers and friends and sad she can't take her big people to her new school. She is starting a fresh and will not know any of the children at her new school but I know she will be fab.

It's me I'm a mess!:blush: I'm trying my hardest as I don't want her to pick up on the fact that I'm sad about her leaving.

I've been excited about her starting school as she is definitely ready so why is it this week has been so hard.
Stop growing up just for a little bit longer :baby:

DD left nursery on Wednesday was upsetting with the teachers crying etc then we went home and felt fine . I woke up yesterday and felt out of sorts then seen her little school bag and just bursted into tears I've been an emotional mess since . Still am this morning and its Friday !!

Like yours mine is ready for school but I am so not !! Trying not to let her see me too crying ! Hopefully we will be able to sort our emotions out and look forward to reception !!

It's awful, d day is here for me. Doesn't help we have just received her preschool class photo which she has put pride of place on her window sill. Why do they do that to us. She told me this morning she will be getting her book bag back with all of her art work which has been on the wall. Blub blub blub
I've decided to take her for lunch and maybe cinema after just to avoid that anti climax.. big hug ladies, big hug xx

Oh it's so sad isn't it :hugs: I've already cried dropping DD off at school for her last day in reception and I'm going to be even worse picking her up! I just want to hibernate until all the emotional stuff is over!

Oh it's so sad isn't it :hugs: I've already cried dropping DD off at school for her last day in reception and I'm going to be even worse picking her up! I just want to hibernate until all the emotional stuff is over!

I will join you, right where shall we hide? X

Yes and surrounded by lots of fluffy things and we have access to a good supply of chocolate..

Can I join you too !! It's a hard day ladies and the days after feel strange !

They won't know any difference and don't see what the big deal is (which is probably a good thing )

Pick up time will be the worst !! Hope you will both be ok !! X

How did it go for you ladies ?!

What date do your children go back in September ? X

I cried my eyes out! Proper breakdown ugly crying, thanking her teacher for everything. I was such a mess I doubt they could even tell what I was saying! And I was the only parent crying, none of the other parents looked even close to crying. I am so embarrassed now! :blush:

I was a wreck!!! haha we were nearly late for the presentation which made it worse got caught in a random traffic jam. It was so touching. Her bag was full of photos handprints etc. We were even given a dvd of photos from over the years with music like you've got a friend in me playing over it. My heart strings have been tugged too much today already.
I'm a blubbering mess. I am just glad its over and we can move forward now and look forward to the summer now. She doesn't start till the 20th September eeeek. Relived its not just me ***Hugs***

It really does pull on the heartstrings when they give you all the things they've done over the years! :cry:

I hope you have a lovely summer holidays :)

My DS doesn't finish nursery until the end of August and I will feel sad about it as he has been there for 4 years! (He's nearly 5 and has been going since he was 9 months so it really will be the end of an era). However, he and I are more than ready for it. We've had a difficult year as he's been hard to manage, especially his behaviour towards his little sister, so it will be a bit of a relief to be honest although bittersweet.

Awe ladies !!! Lol at ugly crying don't feel embarrassed at all Bev I don't know how anyone can not cry !

That's really sweet whatwillbe I wouldn't be looking at them for a while . DD had a nursery graduation last week with videos and music it was heartbreaking!!

Willow that will be really sad for you all but if you know your both ready for it . He may even settle down and appreciate his home life and sister more!!

DD goes back second week in September so I am sure one of us will be the first to post an over emotional anxiety filled teary thread !

Until then have a great summer hopefully some good hot sunny days !! X

Have a fab summer ladies too! I hope the weather is better where ever you are in the country its so cold and rainy here. Feels really wintery and confusing me even more. x

It's cold and rainy here too. It feels odd starting the summer holidays with weather like this :rain:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->