Last Minute Thoughts?

Conundrum

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for the long post.

I love my DH I really do but I'm honestly considering breaking him. We have always had a couple of boys name picked out which we were fine with. Lucian being our first choice after a beloved great uncle of mine (DD1 was named after DHs departed sister, and DD2s name was his choice entirely.) Well as soon as we found out the gender he would no longer consider it due to the nickname 'Lou' or 'Louie'. He continously complained until it was changed to Jameson at 24ish weeks. Now came everyone pointing out the nick names James or Jamie, which he hated and went back to Lucian. Then more complaining, until he finally settled for Dimitri just this past week (he likes the nickname Dimi). It was a name we have considered but I'm not sure about anymore. To be fair I'm not sure if it is the name or the resentment to the fact that an agreement was made I got to pick our 3rd child's name since he got to name DD2 by himself (which I now think he agreed to since our 3rd was up in the air at the time.)

Thoughts on Dimitri ladies? Opinions on any of the names? If anyone wonders the importance of nicknames, in our region almost every name is shortened.

Well, immediately I saw the name Dimitri I shortened it to 'Dim' , which where I'm from would mean not very bright/intelligent! So you'll gather this would not be a choice I'd go with.

I think Lucian is a lovely name and I love the idea that it is after someone well loved by your family. I don't think either of the shortened versions are offensive, very quickly they will just be you sons name. I also feel that it's very unfair of your husband to not allow you to name your son if that was the agreement, he gets number 2 you get number 3 - well now number 3 is on it's way I think he needs to suck it up!

I like Lucian best as well and you can always request he be called by his proper name. I don't think the nick names are bad anyways. Honestly that's pretty selfish of your DH to do that. I'd explain how you feel and remind him of the agreement. Plus it's a family name and it sounds like he got that with your first. I'd explain that it means a lot to you.

I definitely like Lucian best of all your suggestions. It's a lovely name x

I think I prefer Lucian. I also like the possible nicknames for it (Luc, Luke, etc.)

I used to know a little boy named Dimitri and everyone called him by his full name, never heard it shortened. But if it was shortened, I feel like "Dim" could get confused with Tim. I also don't like Dim much, because dim is the opposite of bright (a dim light bulb).

Thank you ladies. Im sorry it took a while to reply, my DDs have been keeping my hands full. The more I think on it, the more I think he will just have to suck it up this go. Dimi is a cute name and though I do like Jameson and Dimitri it just doesn't feel right either way. I appreciate everyone's input.

I love both Lucian and Jameson (and the nicknames) but im really not keen on Dimitri sorry and i dont like the nicknames its associated with either.

I think Lucian goes really well with your other children's names and Dimitri just doesn't IMO- sorry!

I don't think the nicknames are bad either and I think you need to remind your DH that he got to choose #2 and the meaning behind Lucian as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->