lasting headache, feel stupid ringing L&D.

LittleSienna

Reaction score
Ive had a persistent headache now for 3 days that just doesnt seem to be shifting. Ive tried drinking more and took paracetamol.

This morning I have a slight shadow in my right eye, my Bp has been fine al the way through my pregnancy. So I feel so stupid to ring up L and D with a headache and think they'll think im a hypochondriac.

Should I just rest and hope it subsides?

I rang up the AAU last week as I've never had a headache in my life and I had one constant for 2 days but had also had flashes & dizziness for a few weeks, I was asked to go in, BP was fine BUT when they did my bloods my heamaglobin was incredibly low so they prescribed me tablets and I've felt much better since so it's still worth going, for peace of mind if anything!!...Good luck, I would give them a call, You're not wasting their time, It's their job!!

Nope. You need checked out x

Definitely get it checked out, don't feel silly they actually advise you to phone if you're experiencing headaches that are persistant.

I had one last week which lasted 5 days non stop, pain killers weren't touching it, got myself checked out. BP was fine but I actually had the start of a urine infection which was showing itself by making me generally unwell!

So, my bp was raised for me. And have traces of protein in urine. Having to stay for monitoring. ..

So my bp has fluctuated all day....... but im being let home as baby seems happy. But have to go to midwife tomorrow for bp check as headache is still there.....x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->