Late 5 days....

YGD1

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I usually go to another board but it so desolate and I am in desperate need of some thoughts today. We are trying for our 3rd baby now for several months. I have been on clomid for the last several months. The doctor just up'd my prescription from 50 mg to 100mg last week.

My progesterone levels are very low, so low that I am probably going to need some type of intevention. Why he has not given me an script for progesterone is yet another question I have too.

So here is the jist of it. I am now five days late, home pregnancy test says negative as of yesterday morning. I called my doctor today because I am concerned about being preggos and not having enough progesterone. Obviously one needs progresterone in order to sustain a pregnancy. He simply tells me "no period because you did not ovulate and I will not be pregnant"!! The only time I have missed my pd was of course when I was pregnant.. Other than that I am spot on (no pun intended) every 26 days more or less. Common sense tells me a blood test would be in order? No? Then he tells me I need a sono next week if I don't get my pd.??? Why in the world would a doctor tell his patient who is late with their pd. knowing full well that she is low on progestrone? I just don't get it?

Am I missing something here? Any insights would be greatly appreciated...

Hello Ladies,

I usually go to another board but it so desolate and I am in desperate need of some thoughts today. We are trying for our 3rd baby now for several months. I have been on clomid for the last several months. The doctor just up'd my prescription from 50 mg to 100mg last week.

My progesterone levels are very low, so low that I am probably going to need some type of intevention. Why he has not given me an script for progesterone is yet another question I have too.

So here is the jist of it. I am now five days late, home pregnancy test says negative as of yesterday morning. I called my doctor today because I am concerned about being preggos and not having enough progesterone. Obviously one needs progresterone in order to sustain a pregnancy. He simply tells me "no period because you did not ovulate and I will not be pregnant"!! The only time I have missed my pd was of course when I was pregnant.. Other than that I am spot on (no pun intended) every 26 days more or less. Common sense tells me a blood test would be in order? No? Then he tells me I need a sono next week if I don't get my pd.??? Why in the world would a doctor tell his patient who is late with their pd. knowing full well that she is low on progestrone? I just don't get it?

Am I missing something here? Any insights would be greatly appreciated...

can you go to a clinic for a blood hcg? Although I do think that if you are preg and 5 days late a pee stick would be positive. Sorry I couldn't help more.

If he is telling you, you didn't ovulate is that because you had a blood test? and he is probably wanting to do a test to see how thick your lining is considering you haven't yet had a period.

If he is telling you, you didn't ovulate is that because you had a blood test? and he is probably wanting to do a test to see how thick your lining is considering you haven't yet had a period.

He gave me a blood test on the 23 rd day of my cycle???? From all my reading (not that I am a doctor or claim to know and understand everything I read) but when taking progest. levels I read that you're suppose to do it in the AM (because that is when the levels are at their strongest) since they can change from one hour to the next especially after you have eaten. He took mine after breakfast and lunch, 2nd. I read to get an accurate result you do them right before or during your ovulation. I ovulate around the 11th days of my cycle not the 23rd :nope: :growlmad: The entire process of how he is going about this to me is nuts.

My level was 2!!:cry::cry: But take all the additional facts it seems to me you would retest me when I am on my 11th day not the 23rd and in the AM??? :wacko: Then he tells me no, I am not pregregnant because I did not ovulate. Well how the hell do you know? Did you draw my blood on the
11th? I am so furious with him. It's not like he is a new doctor. I have been going to him for over 20 yrs. He delivered both of my babies......

So will will have to put a call in yet again today. I a six days late today. I took a pregnancy test and it says no... I have never, ever missed a period in my entire life except when I was pregnant. I have always been regular and spot on every 25 to 27 days or so. No matter how much stress I was going through at the time, how much weight I had lost or gained one thing that always came was my period! Why the heck would I be so late? And all of the sudden. It's not like I'm a going through perimenopse. and even if I were there would be changes in my cycle and that has not been the case. I have records of my tracking for severl years.

Thanks for listening...

Baby dust to all.......... [-o<

Well I just spoke to my OB and from what he tells me............the Clomid caused me NOT to get my period.... :confused: I don't know, I just don't understand. So now I need to get a sono next week if I don't get my period to see the lining of my uterus and the thicknness of it. Then possibly will have to give me something to make me get my period, start up a brand new cycle and up my Clomid from 50 mg to 100mg. and go from there.

Clomid can cause you to be late. I was late almost a week 1/2 on one of my cycles of clomid plus I thought I was pregnant with all the similar symtoms of pregnancy that clomid caused...

Clomid can cause you to be late. I was late almost a week 1/2 on one of my cycles of clomid plus I thought I was pregnant with all the similar symtoms of pregnancy that clomid caused...

I was shocked to hear that. But you think my doctor would have called me yesterday to let me know this was the case. I was climbing the walls last night angry that I had to wait a whole week to find out what was wrong.

Is this a common side effect when taking Clomid? I have been on Clomid for both of my children and never had this happen to me.

Many thanks for your input.

Baby dust to all!!

He gave me a blood test on the 23 rd day of my cycle???? From all my reading (not that I am a doctor or claim to know and understand everything I read) but when taking progest. levels I read that you're suppose to do it in the AM (because that is when the levels are at their strongest) since they can change from one hour to the next especially after you have eaten. He took mine after breakfast and lunch, 2nd. I read to get an accurate result you do them right before or during your ovulation. I ovulate around the 11th days of my cycle not the 23rd :nope: :growlmad: The entire process of how he is going about this to me is nuts.

My level was 2!!:cry::cry: But take all the additional facts it seems to me you would retest me when I am on my 11th day not the 23rd and in the AM??? :wacko: Then he tells me no, I am not pregregnant because I did not ovulate. Well how the hell do you know? Did you draw my blood on the
11th? I am so furious with him. It's not like he is a new doctor. I have been going to him for over 20 yrs. He delivered both of my babies......

So will will have to put a call in yet again today. I a six days late today. I took a pregnancy test and it says no... I have never, ever missed a period in my entire life except when I was pregnant. I have always been regular and spot on every 25 to 27 days or so. No matter how much stress I was going through at the time, how much weight I had lost or gained one thing that always came was my period! Why the heck would I be so late? And all of the sudden. It's not like I'm a going through perimenopse. and even if I were there would be changes in my cycle and that has not been the case. I have records of my tracking for severl years.

Thanks for listening...

Baby dust to all.......... [-o<

I generally ovulate on day 14 (when my bodies being kind) and i have only had the progesterone test done at day 21 7 days after i ovulate. Which has always been accurate.

I finally got my pd. on Saturday...after 31 days. Now I have no clue when the heck I will be ovulating and having to pay extra attention. Knowing the luck that we have been having I'll probably be ovulating when my husband is in Hong Kong.. That has happened three times so far! :growlmad: That he has been on a business trip and it just so happends I was O'ing...

It's always hard when DH travels..,

Just wanted to say my Doc does the progesterone test on day 21 for me too...but I think the key is 7 days after O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->