Late Announcement for my Very quick arrival

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
On 27 August 2011, 10 days overdue, i woke up at about 5am with a bit of period pain, and i just knew that today was the day! I had been having braxton hicks for about a month but had never had this period like pain.

Throughout the morning i had maybe five contractions which were very mild and a good half hour apart, so i thought i had plenty of time. At 11am i told my partner that i was going to ring the hospital let them know i'd be in at some point that day, and also called my dad to say i'd need a lift. Whilst i was on the phone i started having VERY painful contractions, to the point i could not hardly speak or stand, and felt like i needed to push! Hospital told me to go straight in and i rang my dad back to say i needed a lift that second! The contractions were about three minutes apart at that point!

My partner took our daughter to my sisters and my dad arrived to take us to the hospital, we arrived at the hospital at 12.30pm and a nurse examined me and i was 5cm dilated :thumbup:

She was offering me alsorts of pain relief and i was just demanding the epidural lol, i had a lovely birth with my daughter and the epidural last time and i just knew thats all i wanted.

She rushed me to my room and called the anaesetist (sp?) who arrived within minutes, within those few minutes my partner had helped me get into my nightie and i was stood over the bed having major contractions which were constant and i could not speak or think! the anaesetist then asked the nurse to check me again as he didn't think he had time :shock:

To my horror (as i had really wanted the epidural :haha:) i was 10cm dilated and ready to push :shock: within 20 minutes i had gone from 5 to 10cm!

I pushed for 20 minutes on gas and air and my little boy was born weighing 7lb12oz at 1.11pm the same day. I was in established labour for a total of 2 hours and twenty minutes including the pushing time. And had 2nd degree tears all over, think it took longer to sew me up then the actual birth:haha: and i had to use gas and air whilst she was doing it.

I must admit even though i had such a quick birth and it was nice to be mobile straight away, i enjoyed my daughters birth more, with the use of the epidural! i have never felt pain like that in my life and i dont think i will having a third :rofl: Plus my main fear of having another would be how quick would that birth be!?!

He's now 8 weeks old and such a good baby just like his sister was, he is feeding loads and already weighs 12 lb 4oz at my last weigh in.

Anyway here's a photo at about a week old :cloud9:

ps for ladies having there second child and are worried about babys size, second baby's are not always bigger! i worried for months about his size. His sister was 9lb 9oz and he was 7lb 12oz.

Attachments

• 31082011592.jpg
    31082011592.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
5-10cm in 20 mins .. Wow! Congratulations, he's really lovely :flower:

congrats. Look at his 1 week pic and his 3D. identical. x

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/melodysbrokenpieces/congratulations/21671_Its_a_boy.jpg

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"