Late arrival of baby Sam - March 11th - from induction to c-section (long!)

julchen_79

Reaction score
It has almost been two weeks I had my little guy, so I figure it is about time to get on with my birth story. It was all quite traumatic so it took me awhile to get to the point where I wanted to post this. :wacko: :haha:

Sam was due March 2nd but at no point was my cervix showing any signs of getting ready for labour, he had not dropped either. So the due date came and went and I had an induction scheduled for the 8th. In I went at 8am to get a strip of Cervidil, I had to lay there for two hours and they checked the baby's heartbeat and possible contractions. Since nothing happened I could go home and had to phone in every 4hours. That Wednesday night I had some light cramps and by morning they were a bit stronger and about 5 minutes apart. I was excited to go back to the hospital and be reassed, I was so sure something had changed. But once I was there - nothing...my cervix was just starting to soften :dohh: So I got another Cervidil inserted and pretty much right away the contractions started...they were painful and seemed very close together...so I ended up with a shot of Morphine. They still sent me home as my cervix was not doing anything. Was told to come back when the pain gets unbearable. Well...my OH picked me up and since the pain was managable on the Morphine we went to the mall to walk around a bit. That is when it got really bad. So painful I could barely walk :cry: We still went home and I had a hot bath. Also got sick a few times from the pain I think. Called my mom in Germany to tell her thanks for bringing me into this world - now that I felt the pain I appreciated it so much more. :haha: Well, all in all we had left the hospital for about 4 hours until I called them and over the phone they right away said, sounds like you better come in. So in we went again...

Once at the hospital I was admitted to labour ward, being in so much pain I ask for more pain killers, but they could not give me another Morphine shot because Sam was already sleepy and they needed to get two good 15 seconds accelerations of his heartbeat. That took about an hour. Meanwhile I was reassed and was about 1cm. I could not believe to only be that little but be in that much pain. Felt like the biggest wimp. :cry: :blush: I also had backlabour so by the time I got the second shot of Morphine it only took the edge of the backpain. Contractions seemed on top of each other and after what seemed like hours I finally had made it to 3cm and was able to get into my own birthroom and get ready for the Epidural. By the way - I cannot understand how anyone can even consider doing this without pain meds - my pain was bad :cry: :cry:

Shortly after the Epidural things were finally a bit better. So I sent OH to watch some TV since it could all take awhile and I was hoping to catch some sleep. About 10 minutes after my waters broke with a huge gush and from there on everything went super fast. All of a sudden there was a bunch of nurses, an oxygen mask on my face, I heard them say they did not like the baby's heartbeat and then they tried to put something on his head to get better read. It was scary and all went so fast. Not long and I heard the word c-section. They called my doctor in and consulted with another Ob-gyn and the decision was made quickly. Basically, our baby was not anywhere near the birthcanal (infact I had major rib pain - it felt like the little guy was pushing himself upwards with each contraction instead of going where he was supposed to go - stubborn little bugger :haha: ), I was only 4cm and Sam already got stressed out majorly. So the risk was to high and we went in for the c-section.

All a bit scary but worked out for the best. Honestly I was over the whole giving birth and being in this kind of pain anyway...When Sam was born he first was not breathing because the Morphium had made him sleepy. I was so drugged up I did not even really notice but OH got quite scared. It see.med like a long time until we heard our beautiful boy crying. He was born at 8lbs8oz and 21.5inches with a full head of hair :cloud9:

Well now he is 12 days old, had his frist doctors appointment and even though he only breatfeeds for about 5-10min at a time he has already gained 9oz. I can move around again and we are both healthy. So things are great. Love being a mommy.

If you made it that far then thanks for reading :hugs::hugs:

Attachments

• IMG00038.jpg
    IMG00038.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 34
  • sammy.jpg
    sammy.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
  • frown_2.jpg
    frown_2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 27
  • sammy_1.jpg
    sammy_1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1108 (2).jpg
    IMG_1108 (2).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 20
awwwww hun.
actually quite reminds me of my labour with my daughter, got to 4 cms and they couldnt get the heartbeat so they tried to clip a thing on her head but that wasnt working and as she was already distressed they rushed me for a c-section too, but tbh it was quite a relief.she was 8lb10oz
i guess some of us just have stubborn lil babies who want to hang on in there lol
hes gorgeus and definately looks worth the aggro awwwwww congrats and well done and you did a excellent job hun xxxxxx

wow i hear your frustration of the pain and hardly dilated!!! Atleast we got healthy babies out of our experiences. He is soo gorgeous by the way :cloud9:

xxx

Congratulations and well done for getting through that, not dilating but being in agony is not a nice place to be! Sam is gorgeous, you must be so proud xxx

I just loooove the third picture on the top lol Just too darling. congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->