Late birth story Edward John Charles 14/11/08

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I know it's late and last time I updated I was admitted at 30 weeks with pre term labour, thankfully they managed to stop it and he held on til 39weeks.
My waters broke 7.20am on Wednesday 12/11/08 but wasn't having contractions, the hospital said I should go in anyway so off we went. Got examined when I went in and was told that only my back waters had gone (never knew you had 2 lots), after that I started getting mild contractions and was sent upto the maternity ward to wait for things to progress, my contractions started getting stronger and closer together. I was examined again at about 7.30pm and was only 1.5cm dilated so hubby had to go home at 8. I didn't get much sleep that night as the contractions were getting stronger each time I was examined again at 2.30ish and again only 1.5cm so went and had a warm bath. By 9.30am on the Thursday they had stopped but turns out this was the calm before the storm. By 12 pm they were coming so strong I couldn't get out of bed so I was examined again and I was only 2cm dilated. By 7.45pm I was in so much pain they sent me down to labour ward to see if the birthing pool would help with the pain, which it didn't really (my birth plan just went out the window). I still wasn't progressing very well and was in alot of pain so had pethadine at this point things start to get a bit hazey. Early hours of friday morning I started on the gas and air ( spouted some rubbish about Barak Obama coming to dinner on the sunday at Forrest Gumps house:rofl: ) and they decided to break my waters, they then discovered he had pooed inside me. I was put on a drip as I was dehydrated and needed antibiotics. I don't remember alot apart from a doctor came in and said to give me an hour and if baby wasn't born they would be considering a c-section. At 1.06pm Edward finally made his appearance, he had a gasp of breath but didn't cry. he weighed a healthy 8lb 7.5oz and after a few minutes together he was taken to have a canula put in for antibiotics. My labour lasted a total of 56hours it was long, painfull and quite hard work but he is worth every second of it. Will post pics when I get round to uploading them. As for being admitted at 30weeks couldn't update as I didn't have internet access

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->