Late but Negative result

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
I have been off the pill since February this year, and we would both be happy if I was to become pregnant. I have been fairly regular since coming off the pill 28 - 31 days, averaging 29 days the last few months. But now I am 3 days late over the previous maximum 31 days!

Tests are coming up negative - done 2 this a.m - 2 different brands! Is it just a waiting game or should I buy more expensive test?

I hate waiting!

I think a more expensive test would just give you the same results, and it might be a waiting game.
I feel your frustration, I came off the pill in July, and I used an app on my phone to predict when I would ovulate and when I was due my period. Apparently I was due AF last week Thursday, but tests are proving negative! Then I decided to see what the app would say if I counted my withdrawal bleed from the pill as a period, and it said I wouldn't be due till Sunday and I completely missed my ovulating days!! So I guess I have to wait it out too :(

I am a noob to all of this, but my tactic is to give it about a week past when I am due since there is about that much variance in my cycles. That way I won't be spending too much on test kits! :) But if you still don't get it in a few days definitely test again! Good luck!

Hope you get your :bfp: hun. Fingers crossed. Do you have any symptoms?

I'm late to and neg test , I took a first response sat and a tesco one this morning, good luck x x

I am in the same boat. Got a doctors appointment for Friday to see what he suggests.

Good luck to all of you!

Yup, I'm off to the Doc's on Friday as I'm on CD40 now and it's doing my head in! Good luck everyone! x

I think a more expensive test would just give you the same results, and it might be a waiting game.
I feel your frustration, I came off the pill in July, and I used an app on my phone to predict when I would ovulate and when I was due my period. Apparently I was due AF last week Thursday, but tests are proving negative! Then I decided to see what the app would say if I counted my withdrawal bleed from the pill as a period, and it said I wouldn't be due till Sunday and I completely missed my ovulating days!! So I guess I have to wait it out too :(

Not sure if this helps hun, but I did count my first day of withdrawal bleed as CD1. I know it's not a true period, but it's still the start of a new cycle, as the hormones in the pill are out of your body in a day or so and so your natural hormonal cycle will start up again. My cycle was 31 days which seems reasonable. Not sure if this is 100% correct but it makes sense to me! :D

If you count the first withdrawal bleed day as CD1, what have your cycle lengths been so far?

Yup, I'm off to the Doc's on Friday as I'm on CD40 now and it's doing my head in! Good luck everyone! x

I'd be interested to hear what they say ... I am past CD60 now! And the doc wants wait til 2nd Nov - 3 whole months since my last pill - til they even talk to me about it!

x

They do say it is normal to take up to a few months to settle down, which is why they tell you to wait I think - it could be they tell you to wait a bit longer too angelwings. Hoping things turn out OK for you both. :D

OK, this is how it is for me (prepare for TMI and a wall of text!):
Came off the pill approx 17/18th July, started bleeding on the 19th, stopped on the 26th. I came on again the 26th August, and stopped on the 30th. Since then, nadda. Without counting the withdrawal bleed I was predicted to ovulate around the 9th September, and my only personal indication of that was a lot of cm and being rather horny (although that might've been because I *thought* I was ovulating). We had a lot of :sex: around this time too. Then in the week leading up to the 19th September and quite a few days after I had some nausea and aversions to certain foods (while really wanting chicken and cheese, although that's not exactly unusual!). Other than that I've had nothing symptom wise apart from tiredness, and just lately thirst, which could be entirely unrelated...
If I don't count the withdrawal bleed as a period, the app on my phone says I should've come on the 23rd September, if I do, it says I should've come on the 3rd October.
I'm well aware that my GP's response may be to tell me to just wait, but I can't not at least try, it's driving me crazy.

Oh of course, definitely go see your doctor :thumbup:Let us know how you get on, good luck :)

Just to update: Went to the doctor and she was incredibly unsympathetic. Have written about this at greater length in other threads, but essentially she said it could take 9 months for my cycles to go back to normal after coming off bcp, and was pretty much a b!tch about the whole thing.
The :witch: showed up this morning, and frankly I'm pleased to see her! I now know where I stand and can start again fresh. Thanks for all your support folks! xx

Some drs really dont have any sympathy for women when tey come off the pill to ntnp or ttc.....I eould have thought that they would be a bit more sympathetic these days, yes it can take a while for things to settle back down, but they dont have to be so harsh about it all......

Hope things settle down for you a lot quicker though.....

I know what you mean about doctors. I basically feel I'm on my own until I get my BFP because I don't feel I can trust any doctor enough to be sympathetic and supportive.
Last time I DID go to a doctor with symptoms, about 2 and a half years ago, she treated me as though I was insane and could work out why I was hoping for a positive.
Completely put me off doctors for a very long time.

I had a horrible experience back in June when I had some random discharge, and I actually wrote a letter of complaint because of the experience I had. I went to a walk in clinic and the woman I saw did a pregnancy test and then left the room. When she came back, she told me I wasn't pregnant, I started crying. She asked "why are you crying?", and I said "because losing a baby would be the worst thing in the world", to which she replied "well, thank god you're not pregnant!". People can be so cruel!!

I had a horrible experience back in June when I had some random discharge, and I actually wrote a letter of complaint because of the experience I had. I went to a walk in clinic and the woman I saw did a pregnancy test and then left the room. When she came back, she told me I wasn't pregnant, I started crying. She asked "why are you crying?", and I said "because losing a baby would be the worst thing in the world", to which she replied "well, thank god you're not pregnant!". People can be so cruel!!

That is unbelievable! :nope:

Thats an awful thing to say to anyone.

Sorry to hear your not Pg.

My doctor has sent me for blood tests, if nothing shows up in any of my bloods he wants me to wait it out till I know AF is coming and try to get a blood test between 1 week and 2 days prior to AF then go back a week later this is to see if i am still ovulating.

Best of luck for a BFP next month.x

Thanks, she did some other pretty awful stuff too, and the last I've heard is she's had a disciplinary.
Good luck to you julybabe, I hope it all goes ok. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->