Late ovulation or...?

RoseM87

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is kind of a complicated question and I don't know if anyone can help but I would appreciate any advice/wisdom from people who know more than me.

Normally my cycles are around 32 days and I ovulate on CD18 (bear in mind I haven't been tracking for long, and have never used OPKs so I am just guessing, really). I got pregnant in December last year, in my second cycle of trying. According to my methods of tracking, I ovulated CD18 and timed dtd around that date. It worked.

HOWEVER. I got a dating scan in January when I should have been 7w4d but was placed at 6w0d. Now, either I ovulated a lot later than I thought I did (CD30) OR the dating scan was wrong. There was a healthy hearbeat but at 11w I went in for another scan and unfortunately it had stopped developing at 8w.

Is it more likely that:
a) I ovulated very late that cycle
b) the dating scan was just wrong
c) because that foetus/embryo was never going to progress it was just small the whole time meaning my dates were correct

I only ask this convoluted question because I am TTC again and want to get it right. After the loss, I am really keen to be pregnant again and want a completely different experience from last time (obviously). If any of you know about late ovulation or dating scans or anything like that, please tell me!

Thank you <3

I'm sorry I'm not much help in that area but I want to say I'm so sorry for your loss and hope your rainbow baby will be with you soon!!!

Thanks so much!! I hope so too - and for all others as well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"