Late period + BFNs... any insight??

PregoMyEggo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New girl here So grateful for this awesome community already!!

This is my first cycle with Clomid, and I have had some pregnancy symptoms and now have a late period, but keep getting BFNs. So confused. Anyone have any insight or similar experiences?!

Here's my story and symptom list...

I'm 36 yo and my average cycle length is 29 days. This is my second cycle trying (using donor sperm and IUIs) after my wife tried for almost two years with zero success.

This month I took Clomid, prenatals, vitamin D and fish oil. Eating clean and organic 90% of the time. Had wicked hot flashes from clomid while taking it, but they waned pretty fast after i was done taking it and I had no moodswings or other effects.

CD 16: +OPK around midnight.
CD 17: IUIS with frozen sperm in the late morning and evening. I'm assuming this was the day I ovulated.
CD 18/DPO 1: twinge of cramps (This could also be ovulation if my assumption is wrong).
CD 19-21/DPO 2-4: nothing
CD 22/DPO 5: repeated twinges, vague cramping, heart palpitations, mild acid reflux in bed, pale yellow CM
CD 23/DPO 6: fluttering in left side of uterus, heart palpitations, momentary dull cramps here and there, consistent light CM
CD 24/DPO 7: fluttering in left side of uterus, heart palpitations, two good blemishes appearing on face, stomach upset, cramps, fatigue in early evening, twinges, feeling of heaviness in abdomen
CD 25/DPO 8: itchy left nipple, consistent yellow-white CM, accelerated heart rate, fatigued in evening. Tested with early response - BFN.
CD 26/DPO 9: vivid weird dreams, one about a faintly positive HPT. Headache, accelerated heart rate. BFN. Consistent mucus.
CD 27/DPO 10: vivid weird dreams, heart rate fast with palpitations, ravenously hungry, consistent CM.
CD 28/DPO 11: vivid dreams, itchy left nipple, irritable
CD 29/DPO 12: vivid dreams and nightmares, consistent CM, CRAZY irritable and moody, mild cramping, BFN
CD 30/DPO 13: AF due today. Pinching in uterus, pulling sensation on left side, a little constipated and bloated, heart feels fast and flip floppy when resting
CD 31/DPO 14: vivid weird dreams, gas and cramping, pulling sensation, itchy left nipple, heart fast and flip flopping again, sneezy, mild acid reflux at bedtime. BFN.
CD 32/DPO 15: AF now two days late. LOTS of sharp pinching on left side, little flutter, more weird vivid dreams, gassy, lotiony mucus, arms get very tired if I reach up into a cupboard or hold them outstretched for more than a moment, heartbeat feels threads and fast, BFN.
CD 33/DPO 16: insomnia, headache, thumpy heart, tired arms, fatigued, very hungry, occasional sharp pinch on left side of uterus. AF two days late. BFN. Exasperation!

might just be too early to get a +

one doctor told me once that she wished hpt's would say 99% accurate from a week after missed period so she didnt have so many ladies coming in all the time for blood tests
she said those tests are only from 40- 80% accurate on the day of a missed period. and most of the time its the lower end of the spectrum because ovulation can be late for everyone and implantation can take up to 12 days in extreme cases.

im kinda in the same situation. so i feel for ya.
ive been having crazy vivid dreams everynight too, and im about 7-9 days late atm with bfn
i wish i had more insight but its hard to help someone out of a hole when youre in the hole with them haha

I second Sun. My doctor says wait 7-10 days past AF to avoid a false negative.

I also second the part about getting someone out of the hole when you're in it. I'm CD 46. Have every symptom short of bbs,didn't get those my first pregnancy though. But bfn after bfn after bfn. No squinters, nothing worth tweaking. Had a negative blood test CD 35. Had a pelvic exam CD 43, uterus is normal sized and no blood back up (not sure what that means).

Just so aggravating. On and off bcp for 9 years, longest cycle coming off was 31. Average cycle is 27-28days. Put autostats on fmc and my next AF is due in a week. I know bcp can screw with your system, but it's never been like this. We BDed CD11 and 13. I had ovulation pain and spotting CD 12 and 13. I know it's not an exact science, but if I DTD the right days then have a period three weeks late with no sign of it coming and 9/10 pregnancy symptoms then why am I not pregnant?!

Sorry to jump in your thread and rant and be of no help

Hey there. I agree with above. I know there are ladies who get early bfp's but its not the normal. They say you can get a positive hpt 11-19 days after ovulation..... So that also assumes you know ovulation, which really, even with the most seasoned charters, hard to pin point. So there is still time. Once eggie implants it does start producing hcg but it takes - few days to build in blood and then it takes a few days for it to be filtered into urine. And depending on the eggie the rate and amount of hcg can vary so widely. I have been pregnant 4 times. First time I was 14-15 dpo ( days past positive opk) , second I was 14dpo and third I was 11-12 dpo. The other was unplanned and I found out at 8 weeks when I couldn't eat enough food.

There are also ladies who keep getting negatives way past af and when pregnancy is confirmed it coincides with their dates... What's up with that? The body is funny.

I hope you get your bfp soon. Sounds like its been a huge process and road for you two. Wishing you the best. Keep me posted

Thanks all of you, really, it's a godsend to read your reassuring and kind messages. So grateful to all three of you. And holy smokes Sun and Dobby, we're in the same boat... And Dobby, whoa @ day 46!! What limbo!!

Here's to all three of us careening happily toward baby bliss... hugs!!

Well, ladies, after a 6 day wait for an overdue period, the wait is over. My period has arrived. Keeping my chin up and focusing on treating myself to some mineral springs soaking and sushi and wine -- we'll try again next time. Thanks for all your words of encouragement, they really helped. Good luck to each of you!! May THIS be the time!!!

Sorry it's not a bfp but at least you have an answer and can move forward.

I'm sorry :( Clomid will extend your cycle quite a few days and cause lots of pregnancy symptoms. It' quite cruel the way it gets your hopes up :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->