Late period but bfn

Want2bamummy

Reaction score
Hello ladies

i always have a very regular cycle of 29 days, I was due my period on Monday just gone, but nothing yet, I have had unbelievablely sore boobs for 2 weeks now which I never ever get before my period, I tested with a frer on Sunday ( day before period was due) and it was very negative... so I'm just wondering why is my period late if I'm not pregnant?, can this sometimes happen? The only thing I can relate it to is when I had a very early miscarriage a few years ago it made my cycle go from 29 days to 34, ... but I can understand that maybe happening after having a miscarriage.. but not without... im just confused? It'll probably come tomorrow now after writing this lol xx

So sorry, this is always a difficult spot to be in! As they say, you're regular until you're not. Is it possible that you ovulated later than you thought? As my doctor explained to me, the time before you ovulate can vary a lot from cycle to cycle, but the time after is almost always the same. It is definitely annoying how your cycle can be totally regular when you're not trying, then play tricks on you when you are :/

This is me too. Are you trying? I'm not, I think the body can be very cruel at times!

Thank you for commenting on my thread, I am now 5 days late and had a bfn yesterday morning... not sure how long I should leave it until I should go to the doctor? It's just weird because I am NEVER late, always 29 day cycle. So annoying lol x

Were you tracking ovulation with OPK and temps? It's possible you ovulated later than you think, or had an anovulatory cycle. This happens occasionally. If you don't get your period in another week, ruling out pregnancy then kick starting it with progesterone should get you back on track.

I wasn't tracking but Im pretty sure I ovulated between 24th - 26th may, as I always have the symptoms for it every month. I went to the doctor today, he is sending me for bloods to check hcg levels on Monday, and while I wait for that I did another Pg test this afternoon with a frer and I can see a faint second line! but I'm not going to get too excited just yet, I'm gonna try and wait till Friday to test again and see if it's gone darker. We shall see �� Xx

Update,,,,, AF showed up first thing this morning. Typical. At least i know what's happening though finally. Here's to hoping for a better month next month xx

Hi!

Didn't want to read and run! Hate that AF got you this cycle! Have you thought about temping? It'll cut out the questioning of when your period will be arriving!

Hope you have a better month next month! Take care of yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->