Late... very late. When to see my doctor?

With you having the super nose, I wouldn't be surprised if the yucky tummy is also related.

:happydance: a fellow nerd :D

Thanks, Rebecca. I've got my fingers crossed. I've had 2 BFNs since that one so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high before I can see my doctor.

So I went to the doctor today. She did a urine test in the office and it was a BFN. But I had my BFP in a baggie in my purse to show her (haha she said she'd seen much grosser things). We talked about my symptoms and the length of time since my last period. She asked if I read the test within the time limit, and I told her yes, I had, but it had darkened up significantly after the fact. She said normally a + followed by a - would make her think miscarriage, but she thought I'd have had a period by now in that case. We talked about the possibility of ectopic, but she said by now I should have pain if that was the case and I'm not having any pain.

She ordered blood work at my local hospital, which I'll have to do tomorrow morning because I can't afford to miss work unnecessarily.

So... no answers yet. My doctor said it wouldn't be the first time she's seen a pregnancy that inexplicably didn't show up on the urine tests. She said keep taking folic acid and otherwise... we'll find out soon. I guess.

:flow:
How are you feeling from this news? This is very confusing news.

My doc seemed as genuinely confused as me. I think at this point, I'm going to wait it out, and be as levelheaded as I can be. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but my supernose is trying to undermine that plan (this morning I could smell the bathmat. Who even knew bathmats had a smell?!)

If nothing else, I think we'll be going from NTNP to full on TTC if we're not pregnant this cycle. And if we are?

YAY! :cloud9:

I never knew bath mats had smells.
Fingers are crossed that answers start to appear soon.

I know it's super highly unlikely, but you may have an ectopic on the outside of your uterus. The story I watched on TV said that she never got a pregnancy test to be positive, however during the ultrasounds they saw her baby fine. It wasn't until about 34 weeks when she was in constant pain that they finely picked up that her baby was in her abdoman and performed an emergency c-section.

Whoa! That is scary stuff. I hope that's not what's going on with me, that would be horrible.

For the record, the bath mat smells like rubber. :dohh:

Well the blood test was negative. :shrug:

Gonna have to go back to the doctor and figure out why my cycles are weird and why I am still having nausea and sensitivity to smells. I was hoping those were in my head and would go away, but no such luck.

I am pretty upset. I thought I was expecting it. but I guess not.

:hugs: it's hard putting up with pregnancy symptoms with no pregnancy. Did they tell you your results? When do you see the doctor next?

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure that that first test you took was an HPT and not an OPK? The OPKs they sell in the store are placed right next to the HPTs and it could be easy to mistake one for an HPT.

I signed a release allowing me to call back and get the results from the hospital (with the caveat that they could not "interpret" them). The number they gave me (less than one) did not require interpretation. I talked to my doctor today, they want me to call and set up an appointment to get my cycles running again. I have a feeling they're going to want to put me on BC, which I really would prefer to avoid! Before we started NTNP I was on the paragard IUD because it's hormone free and my body has been... unpredictable on hormonal BC in the past.

Plus, if we have to be on BC for a couple cycles to even things out, then that's more cycles we can't be TTC, and this experience has made us want to start for real. I guess I'll use the opportunity to stock up some supplies (a good thermometer and some things to POAS on?). Not excited to do BC even for one month. Do not want!

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure that that first test you took was an HPT and not an OPK? The OPKs they sell in the store are placed right next to the HPTs and it could be easy to mistake one for an HPT.

It was definitely a HPT. I checked. LOL. But thanks for the idea, I will be extra careful thinking of that!:haha:

:hugs: Hopefully they won't put you on BC. My friend was given something else to bring on her :witch: instead of BC, so maybe they'll give you that.

Most people get their ovulation tests off ebay as they are cheapest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->