Layla Louise Fox 26.04.09

mummy to be

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
hi there ladies. Sorry it has taken me so long. But here is my birth story... sorry it has taken me so long but i have been flat out.... It is long too :) Hope that is ok ....
:cloud9::cloud9:
Labour Story -

Friday 24th April -
I was booked into be induced. We arrived at the hospital at 8am as requested and waited and waited and waited…. At about 10.30 a midwife came into see us and said that they have to put my induction back a few hours cause over night they have had 9 ladies go into natural labour and there are another 3 that are waiting and need to go in before me. So they asked if I wanted to go and waste some time and come back after lunch. So we figured righto better than sitting around at the hospital. But because we live a hour away from the hospital we had to go and amuse ourselves for a while. So we went shopping and bought some more baby stuff and went and had lunch and went to the movies lol. We saw “Fast and Furious” (the 4th one). It was awesome.
After the movies we headed back to the hospital and waited around some more. 6pm came around and I figured that they are not going to be inducing me today so I went and spoke to the midwives and they said I can stay overnight and they will get to me or I can come back in at 8am the next morning. So we all went home and had a great dinner and a great last nights sleep in my bed.

Saturday 25th April -
Arrived back into the hospital at 8am. Saw the doctor at about 9am. He said that he needed to do a internal. I was nervous, scared but excited. The doctors started his internal and I was in soooo much pain… crying and crying.. I shut my legs on the doctors and screamed at him to get out of me and I don’t want this baby anymore.. I think emotions and nerves got the better of me. I managed to calm down a little and let him do his thing. He managed to get the pessary gel inserted and left me along to let the gel to its thing. Well that day I think I walked more than I have ever walked in one day. Up and down stairs sideways, walked the halls and yards of the hospital so much I could tell you everything in great great detail about the wards and grounds of that dam place lol. I started getting (what I thought were) contractions. Boy was I wrong about that lol.
My “contractions” were 5 minutes apart at this stage but irregular with the pain and length of them so I was told that I had to stay overnight in the hospital. Allan went and stayed in a hotel for the night.

Sunday 26th April -
I woke up at 6am (when Allan came back to stay with me) and there was nothing…. I was devastated. I couldn’t believe that there was nothing. No pains no aches NOTHING! The doctor came back in to see me at 9am to check how I was going and he checked everything and told me that he is going to have to break my waters. I was terrified.. I didn’t want this man anywhere near me!! He hurt me sooooo much last time he was down there I didn’t want him near me again. The midwife suggested that maybe they put me on the “Gas” to relax me this time. So that is what we went for. He did his thing and I was as high as a kite. By 10am the real contractions had kicked in and boy they had bitten in HARD! I was in the shower with Allan hosing off my back and belly with hot water! I was in soooo much pain. I thought there was no way in hell I was going to be able to do this whole labour thing and I wanted out!!! AND NOW!!!! As time went on and the contractions got worse and more painful they took me to the delivery suite.

I started the gas as soon as I got down there and couldn’t do it any longer without some kinda pain relief. From there on in it all seems to be a blur and seems like it took next to no time at all. The pains got worse and worse and worse and I wanted more pain relief! They gave me a pethidine shot which was awesome!!!
From then on it was full on contraction after contraction after contraction! They never seemed to ease off or stop.. I was in agony! I had found my favourite position and it was on the toilet Hahaha of all places… I was there for hours apparently. The midwives kept moving me into all positions, from the toilet to the birthing balls to the bed on all fours over the bean bag, the birthing stool, over a railing, back to the toilet. I remembered feeling like I was getting no where and like it was never going to end! I was getting disheartened and like it was never going to happen have her! But with the awesome support of Allan I knew I could do it but I just didn’t have the strength or will power anymore…
The midwives put me back into the shower and from there within minutes (apparently) I really really needed to push! I was standing up with my hand on the shower support rails legs spread as far apart as I could and that was it! I tried and tried so hard to push but felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere… the next thing I know the midwives where telling me that they could see her head and asked me if I wanted to feel it. I said no but then something inside me told me to touch her….. I did! It was amazing.. It was like something came over me and I was determined to get her out of me and NOW! I was talking myself through it. Talking to myself and Allan out aloud telling her to come out and now and just to hurry up! I pushed and yelled and pushed and pushed and pushed. The next thing I know the is out and she is crying. I am still standing on my tippy toes with Allan kneeled down infront of me. We are both crying with happiness and joy! Our girl! Our amazing, beautiful, healthy and crying baby girl was here! Finally after 10 months of baking and brewing she was here. They asked Allan to cut her cord and he did. Then they sat me down on a stool and put my daughter on my chest… she was so amazing and little and sooo alert! She was looking me in the eyes… I couldn’t believe that she was here and healthy.

Layla Louise Fox born at 7pm on the 26th April 2009. Weight 8 pound 3 (3735grams) length 50cms, head circumference 37cms.

The only thing that I have to whinge about (which is not really that bad) is that I now find out that I am allergic to pethidine. I am now covered in a really really really really bad, itchy, sore rash! It is all over me! I am tearing myself apart sctracting myself… and there is nothing that I can take cause it will go through my breast milk into Layla and could make her sleepy and sick and that is not a option for me… so I just have to rub this cream that seems to be doing nothing. But it is all worth it when I look at my princess.

I am more in love with Allan than ever since having our daughter. I am the luckiest girl alive to have him and our baby girl! I had a pretty good pregnancy, labour and birth. I have nothing to complain about and I look forward to living the rest of our lives together as a family forever!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 011.jpg
    Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 011.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 016.jpg
    Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 016.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 047.jpg
    Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 047.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 039.jpg
    Layla Louise Fox 26-04-09 039.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 143
congrats hun and well done xx

Well done lovely .... we have same day birth babies :happydance: you did amazing funny how we both loved sitting on the toilet though haaaaaa! :hugs:

Aww hun she's gorgeous. Congratulations xx

oh wow how cute is she!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Congratulations hun!

Congratulations she is beautiful x

Fab birth story hun, well done! She's beautiful.

Congratulations.Your daughter is gorgeous.Lovely photos .Well done you :) x

she is soooo cute! congratulations! xx

Thank you so much ladies :) she is amazing! The crazy thing is that she is changing every single day!!!! I cant believe how much she has changed and grown in a week :D

Mel - yes hehehehe we have our babies on the same day woot woot woot :D for us :) hehehe and the toilet was great wasnt it hahaha weird but :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->