lazy baby?

BoLt_InFeRnO

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
hey ladies, its been about 4 months since ive properly posted.

so, here goes :blush:

i get regular emails about babys growth/development, and she is nowhere near doing what she should at 7 months.

she cant sit/refuses. wont eat properly, only has one meal every few days. she wont crawl, she gets around by rolling and shuffling. she likes to stand, and walk. but that isnt baby stuff!!

i dont know if she is just lazy, or do i need to help her a little. she has a lot of things done for her, so i think she assumes she will get things done for her :dohh:

Hiya hun,

Didn't want to R&R but I am afraid I can't help you as Isobelle is my first and she is only 15weeks...

Hope you get an answer though

:)

xxx

All babies are different. My ds didnt talk properly until he was two. If i had read everything and gone by that, i would have been worried. Saying that, if you are concerned, why not get in touch with your hv. Rest assured, its unlikely anything is wrong with your baby. They ALL get there in the end! x

I can't really help either, but my LOs the same. She's 5 months and hasn't even laughed yet - my friend has a 9 week old who did her first giggle today. She can't roll or do some of the other stuff that younger babies can do. I guess that they will do it in their own time. If you're concerned that she is developmentally behind rather than lazy, I suppose you could contact your HV for advice. All the other threads I see like this always say not to worry x x

Hiya my daughter is 7 months old and not crawling! She rolls a lot And shuffles by kickin her legs but that's it! She won't hold her own bottle, eats loads on some days then won't eat the next day! I'd say she is fine! It will all come from nowhere I hope!! x

My son is 12...

... he did not sit up till he was nearly 9 months

........he did not crawl at all (used to roll very quickly though)

... he did not walk till he was nearly 20 months ..... he ran the week after!

.... he would not speak by his HV check sorry can't remember the age- so they HV was in the process of referring him to speech therapy ..I had to phone her back about 2 weeks later as he was speaking loads of words out of nowhere! .

My HV told me some children do not attempt to do things till they can do them properly - and that is my son all over, even now. My sons walking is fine, he has not problems with his agility. My sons speech is brilliant, infact he never shuts up. I can't believe I had such concerns about these two areas (not helped by some mum I know who were really competative and really into boasting about their kids achievements). I would not worry, if you did have concerns that won't go away - don't worry about it, speak to your HV as I am sure they will be able to help.

Layla doesnt giggle either. She smiles and blows raspberries, but thats it

All babies are different babe.
Macie was sitting unaided at 4 months and eating 3 meals a day by 6/7 months BUT..... That's it!!! lol.
She didnt roll (apart from the odd fluke front to back) till she was 9 months old. She didnt show any signs of crawling/wanting to crawl and then 3 weeks ago off she went with no warning. A week later she's cruising the furniture too now!!!
So dont worry honestly.... i thought Macie was never going to do anything and kept seeing that she should be doing this and that and never was!!!!

Oh and she still has not a single tooth lol. xxx

My Lo didnt roll till 7 months! I knew she knew how but didnt "want"
She knows how to crawl (just started this month) but will only do it if
its something she REALLY REALLY wants (etc the cat lol) or she wont do
it lol.
She loves to stand tho, will do it all day if she could!! Some babies
are different!! And its never a bad thing hun! You will notice LO does
things quicker than other babies! :)

Hands up here too I have a lazy baby (or toddler now) Sam

......... didnt hold his head until 9 months
........... didnt sit till 11 months
........... didnt commando crawl till 13.5 months

and thats it so far! i have been taking him to the HV montly up until a year old - she said the key is are they progressing, however slowly its the stopping to progress that raises questions apparently. I now have to take him again at 18 months as there is nooo way he will be walking. He has nearly all his teeth and is very very vocal though - I worried myself silly over him - dont think it helps that he is a twin and his brother is months and months ahead in development. But now I concentrate on the things he can do very well and try and enjoy the relative peace of only one baby being into everything for the moment xx

ps Sam really fits the doesnt do anything until he can do it well category, he has never fallen or toppled over or anything as he just doesnt do it till he can.

my son was actually walking before he was crawling,he just use to shuffle round then he was on his legs in no time,he didnt talk till he was 3 i didnt realise he had a speech impediment but after attending a speech therapy group for 6 weeks he was fine,now hes 7yrs old wont shutupa and his educational ability is that of a 10&1/2 yr old.but all babies do things in their own time hun,if that concerned speak to doc or H.V but know she'll get there in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->