Lazy bump. Anyone else underprepared?

1Atalanta

Reaction score
I feel like a lazy bum... or rather lazy bump lol. Between going to grad school full time and working a 3 part time jobs, when I'm home I just park my butt in bed and chill out. I haven't been feeling great and want to rest enough... but I'm also feeling under prepared. Not only is my place a mess- dirty dishes and laundry, but I haven't really organized baby stuff at all. When I get up the energy to do something about it I get through cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry... and then I'm tired and have work and or school to go to.

I need to put up shelves and organize stuff so the tiny baby room has room for a baby! I need to make some sort of changing table, and organize baby clothes somehow and buy sheets for the cradle. I haven't even decorated the nursery because we will probably move when our lease is up. And I need to do it before the baby gets here! But am I doing it? No. I'm on here talking about it lol.

Anyone else? Or am I the only one :dohh:

I gave up work a week ago and I have SO much to do. Our room has no space for the Moses basket, my daughters room needs clearing properly to be able to fit a cot in there with an extra set of drawers so no, you're not the only one lol

I've not done anything! But I still have time!

I've not done anything either lol. I am a clean freak and a stay at home mum so my house work gets done but Iv sorted nothing for baby, he's not gonna have anywhere to sleep at this rate lol

I've only just started getting sorted tbh, had piles of washing. Finally put the clothes in his drawers but need to move te spare bed, and get furniture for him. There's still time but you also need time to rest up, is there anyone who could help? You've got alot on so making time for you is also important I figure xx

I've only been able to make some progress with getting organized in the past couple of weeks - since I've stopped working. Before, I would just come home from work and collapse on the couch or the bed. The "nursery" (the space we have made and filled in our bedroom) is now pretty much done - but it certainly doesn't look like a page in a catalog! Still a bit cluttered, but much better than it was before. Even though it made me a bit uneasy over the past few months to not have everything in order, I'm glad I put some things off until the end. Otherwise, I'd just be twiddling my thumbs, going crazy, waiting for baby to get here.
I think it's very understandable that you don't have the energy to put the house and nursery in order when you get home. You are working very hard! It's more important that you take care of yourself when you have "down" time - relax, rest, put your feet up! I hope you'll have some time off from your jobs and school, before long. And maybe you'll be able to tend to the house, baby stuff, a little more then.
For me, the ninth month has been super exhausting. But it's also when the "nesting" thing has kind of kicked in. Well... I don't know if it's "nesting" so much as "oh s***! I better get everything in some kind of order since the baby could come any minute now!" Haha! good luck, sweetie!

I'm hoping after my shower I'll get motivated

I moved to Texas for grad school and all my family is on the east coast. My husband is wonderful, but has been working a lot and when he is home he snuggles me and loves me, but hasn't been very helpful with housework.

Its just nice to know its not just me, it seems like all my friends having babies do nothing but post pictures of their immaculate nurseries on facebook!

I moved to Texas for grad school and all my family is on the east coast. My husband is wonderful, but has been working a lot and when he is home he snuggles me and loves me, but hasn't been very helpful with housework.

Its just nice to know its not just me, it seems like all my friends having babies do nothing but post pictures of their immaculate nurseries on facebook!

Where in Texas? I'm in Austin...
I guess you'll finish your classes in about a month? And will you be able to take time off from your jobs?
I've been avoiding looking at pictures of other people's nurseries! It would just make me jealous. I'm pretty happy with our setup, actually. And the babe isn't going to care either way! Haha!
Good luck with everything!

Oh, and as far as a changing table goes, I have heard they aren't entirely necessary. I've also had friends say they didn't really use theirs, and that it just ended up as another spot for clutter to pile up.
I opted to get a reasonably priced dresser from Target - as I needed a spot for all the baby clothes anyway - and I've got a changing pad on top of that. I figure the dresser is something we'll get a lot more use out of; whether or not we use it as the changing station all the time remains to be seen.
We just got the dresser, and it feels so good to FINALLY have the clothes put away. Of course I had to sort and wash them all first. AND we had to assemble the dresser, which was trickier than you'd think. Anyway, you'll get there eventually! Cheers!

I'm in the DFW area- Denton going to UNT. I like your thoughts on the changing table- I have a table which had office stuff on it, I need to get a nice foam changing pad to put on it. And take all the computer/office supplies somewhere else. :)

I have hanging organizers in the closet that will work for clothes for a while anyhow. I don't know how long we are going to stay here after I finish my degree so I'm trying not to invest in much furniture!

I'm finished with classes by the beginning of May. My high school and middle school jobs I'll do until the baby shows up, then school will be out for the summer. I am a pianist at a church too so I'll probably take a few weeks off and then go back. My husband JUST got a full time job which is a huge blessing and relief!

I've been sorting things out of mine to donate or sell. I can't handle 'stuff' anymore. I didn't get too many toys or gadgets for my baby, because they really aren't necessary, take up too much room and are cause for more cleaning/organizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->