Leah has arrived!!! UPDATE page 3 PICS page 5

Big congratulations!!

What a lovely name!:flower:

Finally have a moment to write up birth story during a short nap.

Sat evening at around 6pm went into l&d due to much heavier spotting than had been having, also figured shouldn't be anymore because at appointment day before had been told had lost ALL of my plug. Anyway so they hooked me up to the monitors and everything was looking pretty good until I started having extra long contractions that were lasting 5 min each on average. Which caused Leah's heartrate to dip down to 60bpm, so they gave me a shot to stop the contractions, that weren't regular yet, so they were figuring them to be BH. They called my doctor who said needed to stay in overnight to be monitored to make sure Leah's heartrate didn't drop again. And then she would make the decision in the morning of whether to send me home or to just go ahead and induce me. At around 3am that night the extra long contractions started up again (again nothing regular) and her heartrate dropped again, so they gave me another shot to stop them. Didn't have anymore contractions at all through the rest of the night. The next morning the doctor came in to check me and said that due to her heartrate dipping again for a second time that she was going to go ahead and induce. But that there was a high risk of csection if Leah couldn't handle the contractions. So instead of starting me straight on pitocin she inserted a balloon thing to help my cervix dilate because it hadn't dilated any more since Friday, and then would see how things would go from there. After having it in for only about 20 min I had my first contraction and Leah's heartrate dropped for a third time. So basically the doctor said three strikes your out and they rushed me in for a csection because she wasn't going to be able to handle the contractions and there was obviously something else going on. I told the doctor that was fine with me, I just wanted Leah to be safe, and if normal vaginal delivery wasn't going to be safe then I wasn't going to question the section. So at 1130am on Sunday morning she was born via csection weighing 8lbs and 18 1/2 inches long. She had the cord wrapped around her neck which they are suspecting why her heartrate kept dropping.

Sadly though I wasn't able to even see her until Monday afternoon because she had to be rushed up to the NICU due to her having very rapid breathing and also she swallowed some amniotic fluid when they pulled her out which caused her to have a collapsed lung. So she had to be on oxygen and antibiotics. Got to hold her for the first time Tuesday morning when they got her breathing regulated enough to pull her off of the oxygen. She had to stay up in NICU though because she still had the infection. She finally got the release today the same day that I did to go home. So now we are finally able to be home and together.

It has been quite the week and weekend, and every plan that my husband and I had in place has was thrown out the window. I was planning on exclusively breastfeeding but because of her being up in NICU and being bottle fed and not able to be down with me I am now having to exclusively pump, because she does not latch on and is much less stressful for the both of us.

Hope everyone else is doing well and can't wait to see all of you over in Baby Club soon.

Aw, thanks for updating.

Glad your LO made a safe arrival.

Keep up the good work with the expressing and hope LO will latch on soon.

Pics??

Ah congratulations - sounds like you had a bit of a time with it all - at least your all safe now xxxx

Congrats!! Sounds like you had a little bit of a crazy day. But all that matters is that you and Leah are home and healthy :)

wow stressful times but so glad you are both well and home now. congratulations xo

CONGRATULATIONS honey, really happy for u all enjoy ur baby girl safe and sound at home

Xxxx

Congratulations honey really happy u are all home safe and sound xxx

Wow, really hope ur ok? So glad ou and Leah are home safely. That all must have been very scary. Cant wait to see some pictures once u get a sec.

LoADS of love
xx

Very glad to hear that Leah is doing well hun, congratulations!!! x

Congrats hun!!
I'd give it some time and talk to some people (la leche, lactation consultants) and see if maybe someone can help her with her latch. My son didn't either and I pumped for 9 months exclusively, so pm me if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->