Leaking amniotic fluid prior to labour

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a question.

At the end of my last pregnancy, I believe I was leaking amniotic fluid for some time (at least a week, maybe more but memory fails me) prior to going into labour. I made an attempt to ask if it was normal at one of my docs visits at the time, but I think my doc misunderstood my question and I didn't push the issue. My doc wasn't doing much in the way of any internal checks at the time, as I was on bedrest from 25 weeks on as I was found to be dilating at my ultrasound at 24 weeks. My son was born at 36 weeks.

The flow was enough that I had to always wear liners, and when I did go into labour, the checked the liner I was currently wearing and confirmed it was amniotic fluid.

I don't remember my water actually breaking at any time. Does that always happen, or is a slow leak normal? Am I getting things really confused here?

Thanks for any info!

My hind waters broke at 38 weeks which lead to a constant leaking of fluid. I had to be induced because of the risk of infection, although when i got it checked first i was told it wasnt fluid, i 'just knew it was' and went to the hospital and they confirmed it was and that was that, induction that day

Thanks so much, now I know that if this happens again with this pregnancy to just head off to the hospital. Does anyone know if there can be other complications or stresses on the baby on account of leaked fluid? My son had a few health issues at birth and I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->