Leaks 2 nights in a row :O(

Rach28

Mom of 2 & #3 on the way!
Reaction score
I did a big strip wash at the weekend as the inserts were smelling abit funny once Noah had wet (plus some stupid neighbour lit a BBQ when some nappies were drying on the line and needed to get rid of that smell aswell)

Our usual night nappy is a naughty baby with a bamboo booster topped with a MF insert and a MF insert folded over and placed at the front (the boy fold hehee)

The last 2 nights he's leaked out of the back both times after about 5 - 6 hours :nope: So have had to strip him off completely and re dress/ new nappy etc

Any ideas? I thought absorbancy would have been better after the strip wash, never had this probelm before :wacko:

i've found Q has started to leak in his night nappy now and i've noticed he's peeing much more than usual (probably due to the heat they take on more fluids)

have you checked the fit of the nappy? i found as Q changed shape nappies that once worked all of a sudden didn't fit so well. We used to use pop ins too - it might be worth going back to them for a few night to see if they have a leak issue.

I found the Naughty Baby to be rubbish for long periods tbh - they were fine in the day but useless at night. I don't know why as they always seemed to fit just like a BG

If its leaking at the back though maybe you need something extra at the back too - I know you can a boy so thats why the fold is there - but maybe try the fold at the back. I dunno though dont have a boy so maybe thats mad idea!

Before strip washinng the inserts (MF and bamboo) the naughty babies worked fine for us, we could get 10-12 hours out of one overnight stuffing it the way I said in my first post, so I dont think its the nappy, its the inserts that are failing :shrug:

I def need the fold at the front, we experiemented with stuffing when we first starting using cloth and without that extra boy fold at the front we are doomed!!!!

Think I'm ging to get all the bamboo together and soak them in a bucket - prob overnight just incase they weren't rinsed enough - worth a go I suppose? :shrug:

I use coolababy nappies at night and stuff a folded terry nappy in. I fold it so its boy fold too and we havent had a leak this way. It may be bulky but keeps him dry!

Thanks for the tip, may try that one!

He's such a heavy wetter he can soak through a double folded thick towel during nappy off time in just a couple of wees :dohh:

I fold the terry down a quarter them fold that bit in half the fold it sidewards in 3 so there are 3 layers at the back and 12 at the front i think and that contains it all for us. If that makes any sense?

Something has just struck me.....

how are you drying your nappies?

I ask as sometimes the pul can get a little worn and a tumble dry will help to re-seal it.

Oooooo I didnt know that.

We have been line drying as much as possible or on an airer stand when weve had rain days. I havnt actually tumble dried them - should I try?

How long for? High or low heat setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"