Leapfrog help

Bababall

Reaction score
I'm ordering a £70 bike and a £50 doll in Argos 3 for 2. Don't need anything else for Christmas so thinking ahead to birthday (in October!!)
Although being honest, she'll prob just get it now.
Looking at leap pad or leap tv. Anyone any advice which is better, or if I should avoid one! She's just turned 3. Thanks

I don't know about Leap TV but I can tell you about Leappads, we have had a Leappad 2 and now we have the Ultra.

The pluses of a Leappad:
  • They are virtually indestructible, both my boys are autistic, they are not gentle with it. The Leappad 2 only eventually broke when it fell down the stairs :dohh:
  • There is lots of games, you can buy physical games or apps. They often have deals on the apps and multibuy offers, if you have a Leapfrog account they will e-mail you offers.
  • All the games work in other Leapfrog products, my son is getting a Leapster for Christmas and pretty much all of his games will work in it (not all because it is an older product and doesn't support a few of the newer games). That also helps when I eventually buy my youngest his own Leappad
  • Sharing of apps when I get another Leappad for my youngest and I can also put the apps on more than one device saving loads of money.
  • The variety of apps is also a plus, you can also buy music and videos for it.
  • It is easy for a child to use, my youngest is three in January and he has autism and global developmental delay but he can use his brother's Leappad without a problem.

Downsides
  • It can be so slow
  • If they are used to an iPad or adult tablet they will likely still prefer that, it does not perform like an adult tablet.
  • It can be a pain loading new downloaded content, or at least ours is at the moment. I have found doing it through the device rather than plugging it in to the computer improves that.

I've got to say the leappad is the biggest waste of money amd my son didn't bother with his at all I found them to be slow the games you have to keep buying are crap to put it blunt I wouldn't recommend them to anyone I wish I never bothered getting 1 x

Thanks for two very different opinions! Anyone else as I will be doing my order tonight or tomorrow. Swaying more towards to leap pad than leaptv

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->