Learning console

Babybump87

Reaction score
Anyone recommend me a learning console for a 4 year old ( will be five in February )

I'm thinking along the lines of a Leapfrog Leapstart does anyone have it for their LO?

All suggestions welcome thank you!

We brought our 4 year old an innotab max which he loved to begin with but quickly outgrew. The tablet itself was good and wasn't too slow which they can sometimes be

We have a leapstart but its not really a console. You buy books for it and use a special pen to interact with the pages. My daughter has no patience for it because you have to wait for it to finish talking and ask questions. I wish she liked it more. We also have a leapfrog leaptv console which is like a video game console. Again, it requires patience and didn't go over well with my kids. There are a lot of other options out there though that we haven't tried.

Thanks Phantom that's very helpful . DD1 is very impatient so I think we may look at something else .
Mainly want something to help with reading and writing .
Thanks !

Thanks Phantom that's very helpful . DD1 is very impatient so I think we may look at something else .
Mainly want something to help with reading and writing .
Thanks !

DD,.despite having the leapreader etc much prefers just practicing her writing with notebooks and pens, she just can't get enough of them atm and for reading, apart from actual book she enjoys reading the ebooks on her kindle fire and reading the basic instructions in the game apps etc

But if you decide to go for something like the leapreader the map, solar system and human body packs are all fantastic and of course help them with their reading in a different way.

I like the wipe clean writing practice books, we just do even 15 minutes a day until he gets bored and then I don't force it, that works pretty well (and they are super cheap on Amazon)

Thanks ladies I am sorta going off the idea now lol not sure if it's because I've looked online a bit too much .

She does really enjoy those wipe clean books she already had a few of those .

I think I will revisited this in a few weeks but I will keep in my all your suggestions especially what packs to buy ! Thanks everyone ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->