learning to sit up

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
I think Colton should be sitting supported now, right? I see tons of pictures of babies in bumbo seats, etc and they all look like they are doing so good sitting up.
Colton barely fits in his bumbo. I have to push his legs through the openings and then it sticks to his butt when I pick him up out of it, and I have to pull it off. :dohh: But even when he is in it, he just leans forward and grunts repeatedly.
I've tried leaning him against me and he just leans forward and grunts.
I've tried using his boppy pillow and again he just falls forward and sits there grunting.
So, I also tried putting the boppy pillow backwards (wiht the "C" around his belly and the opening behind him, and it worked for about 3-4 minutes until he started to lean back and pull his legs out from under the "C". Then there was no keeping him in it after that.

What else can I do to get him to sit propped up? He just wants to lean forward. But then he just sits there and grunts until finally he will start whining.
Any ideas? I dont know what to do.

I just dug out my health record book to check for you! My LO sat with support at 4.5 months (she's now 2), so don't worry - I'm sure Colton will soon be sitting well. I remember with Poppy it was a sudden thing, like yesterday she couldn't do it, today she can. Don't panic, and don't worry if your LO doesn't fit into the "standards" anyway! My health record book (from the UK) says "sits with support" happens at 5-6 months, so it looks like there is absolutely nothing to worry about!

When did he start rolling? My LO rolled at 3.5 months. After sitting with support, she sat alone at 6.25 months and crawled at 8 months. She walked alone a couple of days after her 1st birthday - all good by the books. On the other hand her talking has been slow - 19 months before the 1st recognisable word.

:hug:

he has been rolling from back to belly since about 2-2.5 months. He doesn't really like tummy time though so isn't properly rolling from belly to back yet. He had one incident when he rolled belly to back and rolled off the bed. :( But he hasn't done it again since.

Sam doesn't like sitting unless he's in his bumbo and always leans forwards! I think it depends how much time they spent in certain positions as he's great with his rolling and is trying to crawl, but as soon as you sit him anywhere he wants to stand (and jump!) I do sit on the floor with him and support him a bit at the front but he's always too interested in grabbing his feet/my shoes/anything else within reach to sit still :rofl: x

i think callum was maybe 6-7 months before he sat by himself and he was still really wobbly. he just wanted to stand up.

he was probably 5 months or so when he sat up supported.

Erica seems to be sitting supported. She sits great in her bumbo, and I tried the boppy pillow in front of her, and she was able to sit. She also likes to be on her feet most of the time, and can roll both ways... That being said tho, I hear that it is really common for some babies to do all of the physical things earlier, and talk later. Then others talk earlier, and do the physical things later. All babies develop at different speeds, I would just try to help him sit, and I guess just let him get used to sitting. (On your lap, with you holding onto him, however you feel comfortable) He will do it!!

Katie was sitting supported at about 5 months but even in her walker she was leaning forward. She sat unsupported at 7 months. Colton is still young so I wouldnt worry hun :hugs:

My LO has started sitting up on her own this week, she's 6 and half months, don't worry he'll get there x

Babies develop differently , my daighter can sit right in the bumbo but hasnt even tried to roll! They do different things in different stages!
I bet in not time he will be able to do! They learn so fast! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->