Leave it in a cup???

babydream

ttc#2
Reaction score
Ladies please don't laugh... I'm gonna be ov this weekend and due to hubby working dtd would be quite difficult. I made a joke about leaving it in a cup for me but then I thought... Why not? But what to use? How to store it for a few hours? How to insert it?? Or is that a bad idea?? :wacko: I'm feeling quite silly now lol xx

I would be very cautious about that. Sperm can die fairly quickly on inanimate objects like a cup. maybe to help keep them alive longer try putting preseed in the cup then the sperm on top. As far as insertion I would try and use a baby syringe(the ones you buy to give babies their meds), and use it very carefully and cautiously so you won't damage the sperm. I would also invest in a soft cup. After you insert the sperm put in the soft cup and then elevate your hips for 30 mins.........All of what I said is just my opinion and what I would do..........Good luck and let us know how you do it if you decide to do it :)

Not just any cup, use a soft cup to keep it in! But sperm do die quickly so I would insert it ASAP and just pray on it because once inside they can live quite a while

Thank you ladies, I've done some research and It is doable. I will only do it if really necessary. I've got conceive plus with syringe which I can use for mixing and inserting. I need to store the sperm for an hour or two max. Will see if I need to do it and let you know how I got on lol x

If the sperm is kept in sperm medium a incubator at 98 degrees it can survive for hours , but at normal room temp most will be dead within 30 minutes, so its really best to inseminate as soon as possible.

I might just subscribe to this thread just to see if this works! Please keep us posted!

I didn't do it. I wasn't brave enough, needed more research and wasn't really necessary. But I wish I had some now as seems like I'm ov later than I thought and hubby is on a course :/ After reading lisap2008 comment, it seems like I would have failed anyway coz I would've put it in the fridge lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->