LEEP Procedure

HAKing

Mom to two sweet boys
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I dunno if this is the right place to post this but I was wondering if anyone here had a leep procedure and went on to have a healthy pregnancy? I'm scheduled to have it done on Friday and I'm worried about getting pregnant again and keeping a full term pregnancy. I've read horror story's and I'm scared. My doctor seems to think it shouldn't affect fertility but he said that I may not carry full term. I guess I am just hoping to hear some positive stories after a leep.

Thanks in advance.

Yes i had a LEEP 3 years ago and the docs said best wait a year before conceiving but I wasn't ready then but I am nearly 5 weeks preg now with my first! My niece had it done too and she didn't wait but she has 2 healthy little girls now.

Don't worry you'll be fine

Hi, Yes I had LEEP 4 years ago, and had my lovely darling daughter 2 years ago. I did have 'incompetant cervix'... I told my ob/gyn at the 12 week scan about my LEEP and he did regular internal scans until about 19 weeks told me the upper cervix was open...so regular scans, took it really easy, then at 29 weeks told me to stop work and pretty much lie down/said it was hard to balance the risk of infection if I had the stitching with lying down so just monitored it. Can't remember when but what I thought was tight tummy/braxton hicks was actually contractions so took tablets to stop those...Don't mean to scare you, just that when you do get pregnant, make sure you keep on the case and that you get regular internal scans. So many of my friends had premature births, prob due to unnoticed incompetant cervix. I am in first month of trying for number 2...rather apprehansively as will most def have to go through similar pregnancy. Living in different country now, so will see what ob/gyn suggests with regards to having stitch...

I had a leep January 2011 and had a baby Jan 2012. I got pregnant 2.5 months after my leep and had no problems. My doctor who performed the leep said it would not affect my fertility or pregnancy . Not sure if it is a case by case basis depending on how much was removed, but I kept having him measure my cervix because I was paranoid of incompetent cervix and it was always long. Instead I had to be induced passed my due date and only had a 7 hour labor, so definitely no issues with the cervix. I did just find out I have abnormal cells again :( Hoping I don't have to have another leep. It's not pleasant but you get through it. Good luck to you and hope it goes well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->