Left cloth nappies in the bucket for ages...

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
So I just got back from 6 weeks away and realised I'd left a few dirty nappies in the bucket :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:. Is there anything I can do to make them wearable or shall I just bury them 12 feet deep and hope the stench doesn't reach us? :dohh: :winkwink:

Are they mouldy? I might try to soak in something like oxygen or chlorine bleach and hot water overnight, depending on the diaper. Washing soda might work too. Then give them a good wash with extra detergent and plenty of rinses and see how they smell.

My dh put a gym bag on top of a few and they got mouldy, but I was able to get them clean after doing the soak and wash. They weren't poopy, but I imagine it would do the trick.

I haven't actually checked, I'm too scared :blush:. I went to put a nappy in the bucket, saw them and just slammed the lid on :dohh:. It didn't smell but I'm wondering whether that's a bad sign!

Lol that's probably smart :)

Maybe you can do a quick rinse in the washer with some washing soda, then soak in hot overnight with peroxide or Oxiclean, that should kill any organisms.

Let me know how you get on!

I've done this before. From memory I washed a couple of times in hot water (60 degrees celcius from memory) then hung them up in the sun for a couple of days. They seemed to be ok, and any stains eventually faded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->