Left Foot super swollen, Right is fine

Ellivort

Reaction score
i dunno if this is normal, but my left foot is really swollen but my right isn't. This is the first time i've had swelling without known cause (i.e walking/standing etc) Ive had a medium day at work of both up and walking time and sitting time, but left foot is visibly very swollen while right is normal.

Seeing my OB tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else is experienced lopsided swelling? Its only the foot and ankle, maybe leg too, but not the hand or anything :nope:

A friend of mine is currently pregnant (due in 3 weeks) and she also had swelling in only one leg/ankle/foot (hers was pretty severe swelling). They discovered a blood clot in the leg and has been on modified bed rest for the past few weeks now. It may be nothing, and likely everything is fine, but I would definitely mention it to your doctor tomorrow. Best of luck hun and I hope that the swelling eases up for you :flower:

I had swelling in one foot last pregnancy. I never found out why but it ended up being really sore to walk on or even just leave it hanging unsupported (eg. hanging off the edge of a bed etc). I went to a physio after the birth and was told I had trapped fluid. I'm not sure if the swelling happened first and caused it or if I injured it somehow. I think my pelvis is out of alignment so I had a lot more weight and pressure on that leg.

The blood clot possibility wasn't ever suggested to me but I can see how it could be a possibility to would be good to get it checked.

Feet swelling is more common during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester. Foot Swelling is typically due to an increase in the fluid that is retained while you are pregnant. Some women experienced swelling in left feet and someone experienced in right foot and it is normal. But it is always better consult with doctor. Rest as much as possible, putting your feet up above your hips. You can try some simple exercise such as bend and stretch your foot up and down 20-30 times. Aromatherapy can also help you to come out from this swelling. Gently massage your feet with essential oil.

Good news! It seems to have gone down significantly. I think finding the right balance of rest with feet up and active work helps. I was baking cookies yesterday and it started out really swollen, but between back and forth baking and watching Gilmore Girls it went down significantly. Still more swollen than the right, but I can get my boots on. Thank goodness since we just got 8 inches of snow here and my flats with no socks just won't cut it right now :)

I can also visibly see my bump slightly lopsided on the left, so i imagine she's all cuddle up over there causing the increased pressure on left side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->