Left job - advice and help please :-(

Mandy_2009

Proud mummy to Isabelle!!
Reaction score
I handed my notice in yesterday at my job - was working 50 hours a week and getting stressed out and daughter not settled at her nursery so I made the decision to leave. I have a job lined up for end of next month but now I'm stuck - can I claim income support straight away and what about housing benefit to help with the rest of my rent?

Any advice would be great :) x

Hi, im assuming your a single parent? only assume as you say about income support. If you are then yes you can claim it aswel as housing benefit, child tax credits and council tax. Put a claim in for income support now, they will ask you if you would like to claim for housing benefit at the same time so do that, make sure you give them ALL info as quickly as possible and it should be sorted within 10days. My claims have only ever taken longer if ive been slow giving them things they need to process it. They will want bank statements, proof of national insurance num, tenancy agreement, some sort of ID usually. i used my birth certificate and marriage cert. You probably wont get payment for at least 10 days, maybe 14, but it gets backdated to when you claimed. hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->