leftover HCG or new preg?

activelyttc13

Reaction score
So a little background info, I had an emergency csection on aug 8th at 28 weeks due to fetal distress, baby is in the nicu but is doing amazing, my DH and I dtd on aug 13th with no protection, I freaked out and tested aug 14th to see if there was any residual HCG left in my system, test came up neg, I then took a test today 2 weeks after dtd and it came out faint pos, could it still be residual HCG or am I preg again?

I am ok with either but scared because my csection is still fresh

I think it is unlikely you would ovulate right away since your hormones are still adjusting. But holy cow... how on earth did you manage to have sex 5 days after a csection!? Didn't it hurt?

Sorry to hear about the early delivery. Glad to hear your baby is doing good though.

Congratulations on your birth, I hope everything goes smoothly for your little one!

I did a bit of googling and there's nothing definitive, but it looks like generally hcg is still present for a few weeks post partum. Like the previous poster said, it's unlikely that you ovulated 5 days after the delivery too. Keep testing and maybe the lines will fade. You're still only 21 days pp. Best of luck with everything. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->