leftover hcg or new preg?

activelyttc13

Reaction score
So a little background info, I had an emergency csection on aug 8th at 28 weeks due to fetal distress, baby is in the nicu but is doing amazing, my DH and I dtd on aug 13th with no protection, I freaked out and tested aug 14th to see if there was any residual HCG left in my system, test came up neg, I then took a test today 2 weeks after dtd and it came out faint pos, could it still be residual HCG or am I preg again?

I am ok with either but scared because my csection is still fresh

What kind of tests did you use for each time?

I don't think its even possible to ovulate 5 days after giving birth... I wouldn't worry about it personally

Those are so notorious for evaps. I think I'd get a frer and test again. If it does come out positive I'd probably call my dr. They can do an ultrasound to see if you have retained products or if you have a new pregnancy. I wouldn't think you'd have residual hcg this far out from birth but I'm no dr...

Can u post a pic of hpt?

I'd bring it up with your doctor, see what they think. My main concern would be retained products, but I'm not sure if that happens with a c-section? I know that you are most fertile 3 weeks after having a baby but I thought it wasn't possible to get pregnant before 3 weeks- but I might be wrong and as they say, anyting is possible!

I wouldn't think it would be from your previous pregnancy, but again I'm no expert :) & like has been said, those tests are bad for evaps!
good luck :)

Id def talk to your doc! Ive never tested after just giving birth so not sure if youd still test positive. But almost three weeks pp you prob should test neg. There could be retained plactental tissue or something in your uterus...i def talk to your doc...

I'd try and frer and if that is positive I would definitely get checked. I've read of a few girls on here that have had positive pregnancy test and had retained placental issues.

Best of luck x

Would love to see a pic. I'm curious to as to weather it can be from your prev preg. Glad your baby's doing well btw:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->