Leg cramp - still in agony 3 days later :(

JWandBump

Reaction score
Wednesday night I woke up in the early hours of the morning with extremely bad leg cramp. It literally wouldn't go for about 5mins, every time I moved or thought it had gone it started back up again. I was actually screaming in pain and woke up my DD :(

Well today it's Saturday and I still can't put any weight on that leg or stretch it properly. It feels like a really bad pulled muscle. Is it bad that its lasted this long I'm normally fine the day after :/ xx

Is it swollen, red or hot in a localised area? Xx

It does feel hard still and slightly swollen compared to my other calf but I have tiny legs so its hard to tell lol xx

if its still sore 3 days later and hard/swollen, I would be going to see the Dr pretty quickly, they can be indicators of a blood clot/DVT.
'Normal' preg leg cramps the pain wouldn't last that long and there would be no localised swelling once the latic acid got moving back around the leg.

Yes it's probably better to be safe than sorry and give the day unit a call xx

Same happens to me!!!
My calf is rock hard and tight for days and days afterwards!!! I limp around! I think mine finally went after 5 days! But then Got cramp a week later and was limping again!!!

Same here it's loosens up the more I walk on it. It's common due to a number of factors. Extra weight, not drinking enough, eaten to much salt in ur food.

Well I'm currently sitting in my local a&e so I'll update after what they say. Thanks everyone :) xxx

for those just getting cramps, even if sore afterwards, but without the localised swelling/hard spots, get yourself some magnesium tablets, will work wonders for them!

Sorry haven't updated, it was all fine tho. My muscles is just pulled badly :( she said to just rest it and take paracetamol. Hopefully I don't get it this bad again tho

This happened to me at the beginning of the week, woke up in the night it was so painful. Then for 2 days afterwards it felt like I'd pulled my leg muscle running or something!

Yep. Happened to me even before I was pregnant. I can't stand them and they last for days!

You probably need a calcium supplement. Leg cramps in pregnancy are usually caused by baby leeching your calcium from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->