Leg Cramps - AAAAARRRGGGH!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Neecee, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I was woken up at 5:30am with the worst pain EVER!!!! It felt as though my calf was in a vice and someone was cranking it tighter and tighter! I literally screamed and couldn't help crying - hubby woke up thinking I'd gone into labour or something, he tried rubbing my leg for me but the pain wouldn't go away!

I have NEVER in my life had a cramp like that, ever!!! Four hours later and it's STILL hurting me :(

My mum said it's probably the start of many more to come...

If you haven't already experienced it, get ready girls...

2. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

lol!! i love the way you explained it, spot on, i couldnt find a way to explain it to my DH but il use that lol! i wake up crying with it to and shoving my OH for help! but he rubs it and i cry even more lol! its excruciating aint it! thankfully this time so far iv only had it once, with brendan i had it nearly EVERY night since i was about 20 weeks pregnant! i didnt find anyway to prevent it either :( hope it doesnt happen to you again and i hope your leg stops aching soon, it hurts me all day after :(

3. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I don't think I could cope with it every night...:(

4. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

i've had that too a few imes i thought tey were kinda one off's lol
    thanks bursting my bubble lol i wonder what causes it, inearly crapped myself too as i had it in my toes before but never in my calf....
    i feel your pain you aint on your own
    xx

5. sophie c

sophie c 2 gorgeous daughters <3

your scaring me lol Thanks!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Emsi76

Emsi76 3rd Tri - Team Pink!

Oh no, you have started to get them.......................they are bloody awful aren't they!!

I had a bad one a few nights ago, made me cry!

I had to wake DH up to rub it, it was so bad!!!! It also hust for a few days afterwards and every night since, i have had the twitch and moved my leg and it's gone away.........................PLEASE don't come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you only get the one necee!!

7. Shifter

Shifter Guest

It might be to do with circulation. Although it's sodium levels that normally causes cramp.

Last night I had a mild leg cramp, it only woke me briefly, but it infiltrated my dreams! I dreamt I was trying to get around this office (not my real life one, just some random office building) but I was practically paralysed in both legs. I was dragging myself around, clinging to desks and other people. It was awful :cry:

8. Shifter

Shifter Guest

9. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Crap. I'd forgot about this lovely part of pregnancy until now.:hissy:

10. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I got them first pregnancy havent had them this time yet thank fully they really hurt!

11. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

ive had these too they are soo painfull :(
    hope they ease up for you hun... apparently calcuim makes it better :)

12. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Yeah i've been getting these every night for awhile now. The backs of my knees constantly ache :(

13. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

I've been getting cramp in my calves loads in the past couple of weeks. Nothing that painful though. I hope that isn't to come! Being woken up by it a few times a night is bad enough lol. x

14. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Yeah, my mum did ask me if I was getting enough salt in my diet. I said I thought I should be, what with all the junk I've been scoffing!

Why do people not tell us about things like this???!!! Pregnancy is such a wait-and-see affair!

15. Shifter

Shifter Guest

LOL! How true. At least we have this site :)

16. Twinkles

Twinkles Well-Known Member

eek! im not looking forward to this! At the moment i have what my OH refers to as dancing legs! they just cant keep still, flicking and kicking about restlessly throughout the night but no cramps as yet - sounds awful!

17. khartnett

khartnett Well-Known Member

I get this alot! The joys of being pregnant ay!