leg pain

Lalaloopsie

Reaction score
last Saturday I woke up with what I thought was a stiff leg, below the knee at the back. It's painful to lift the leg, put socks/shoes on, walk up stairs or over things.
paracetamol did nothing so on Sunday night I took an anti inflammatory, the pain went hurrah! then I woke up with it on Monday.
I work in a school nursery so having the pain wasn't great but I dealt with it sometimes the pain was more intense than other times. anyways it's Sunday again and not showing signs of going, in fact it felt worse today. I've rested it all weekend (barring cooking, washing, drying etc) and soaked in Epson salts bur nothing is easing it.

any ideas on what to try? I Dont even know if it's baby related or not it just hurts 🙁

I would get it checked out as pregnancy increases the risk of clots forming behind your calf muscles, especially as you've had it over a week without it easing. Best to have it checked and turn out to be a torn muscle rather than the other way round

I'd also get checked out, it's always better to err on the side of caution. Hope all is well xxxxx

You do NOT want a clot and this sounds very typical of how a clot feels. If you aren't going to the doc or emerg right away (which you should) at least take a baby aspirin. A clot can kill you or your baby if it breaks off, I'm on injectables throughout pregnancy to prevent them as I have 2 types of clotting that have contributed to multiple mc's.

First of all, I didn't think it was safe to take an anti inflammatory during pregnancy?
Secondly, hopefully it isn't anything serious but it sounds to me like your potassium could be low... try eating a banana before bed every night and see if that could help. It helped me a lot when I was pregnant with my son!
Good luck!!

First of all, I didn't think it was safe to take an anti inflammatory during pregnancy?
Secondly, hopefully it isn't anything serious but it sounds to me like your potassium could be low... try eating a banana before bed every night and see if that could help. It helped me a lot when I was pregnant with my son!
Good luck!!

Both Paracetemol & baby aspirin are not the same as an anti-inflammatory. Not only are they both safe for pregnancy, baby aspirin is an effective blood thinner if she does have a clot. Achy crampy muscles are the common side effect for low potassium/magnesium but not pain like getting kicked in one spot or like op described. Way better to get checked since clots are life threatening. Btw, coconut water has 7x the potassium as a banana and much more effective for active legs (the common pregnancy symptom due to low potassium).

Is it possibly a leg cramp? With my first, I received these TERRIBLE leg cramps right behind my calves that would last anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. It was so tight and painful, I thought it would snap a bone. No amount of potassium would fix it either, the only cure was child birth lol.

I would also look at the other suggestions of a blood clot. If it is that, it really needs to be treated right away as it can be life threatening. Ways to check for a blood clot is see if the skin is swollen and red, tender to the touch at all. Got to the ER right away if these symptoms match.

Is there a nurse or doctor you can call and ask about this?

sorry ladies been a long week and I forgot I posted this *blushface*

I used the anti-inflammatory under docs direction (just to clear that up)
Turns out I had a torn calf muscle. haven't a scoobies how it happened but after a week of using compression bandages it's beginning to ease off now with the odd twinge here and there.

thanks ladies x

sorry ladies been a long week and I forgot I posted this *blushface*

I used the anti-inflammatory under docs direction (just to clear that up)
Turns out I had a torn calf muscle. haven't a scoobies how it happened but after a week of using compression bandages it's beginning to ease off now with the odd twinge here and there.

thanks ladies x

Glad all is well! Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"