Leg Sores

Cat

Reaction score
Anyone had problems whith their LO developing sores on their legs? Noah has never had this problem before, but last week he had what looked like a tiny spot appear on his upper thigh and the following day it had spread to become a little weeping sore, then a couple of days later another one appeared near it, they look like blisters and weep slightly so they dont seem to be healing, also they are right by the edge of his nappy so its really hard to keep them clean, I have tried putting a plaster over it which helped a bit but it ment Icould put cream on it or anything, I have tried using sudocream on them and shea butter and camomile and savlon, but they dont seem to properly close up. Yesterday when I took his nappy off the frilly leg it had stuck to on the sores and took the top off it again :(

I have no idea whats caused it, and what I can try to get rid of them?

Well no one seemed to have any idea, so Itook him tot he doctors this afternoon and he has impertigo so has been given a course of antibiotics which he is decidedly unimpressed with :(

Aww sorry to hear that Cat, hope he makes a speedy recovery, sending him a big hug :hugs:

Poor Noah. Just be careful as it is so infectious.

My mum fostered a girl who had impetigo and as Beanie says is extremely contageous.

It looks very painful too. Hope Noah makes a speedy recovery. :D

beanie said:
Poor Noah. Just be careful as it is so infectious.

Any idea of its harmfull for PG women? I didnt think to ask

Impetigo is a skin infection caused by bacteria (either streptococcus or staphylococcus). It usually causes a raised red rash with blisters and scabs. It is a highly infectious condition and is spread by contact with the infected fluid within the rash. If you did develop impetigo, it is usually easily treated with antibiotic cream or systemic antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy. Impetigo is not a risk to your unborn baby

Seems not to cause bubs any harm :D

KX said:
Impetigo is a skin infection caused by bacteria (either streptococcus or staphylococcus). It usually causes a raised red rash with blisters and scabs. It is a highly infectious condition and is spread by contact with the infected fluid within the rash. If you did develop impetigo, it is usually easily treated with antibiotic cream or systemic antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy. Impetigo is not a risk to your unborn baby

Seems not to cause bubs any harm :D

Thanks

Oh sorry hun didn't mean to worry you. I was just meaning it spreads easily, so no sharing towels etc not that it could hurt baby. I wasn't thinking :(

lol, no sorry I wasnt taking the piss, thanks for looking it up for me. Iknew it was infectious and on my way home from the docs I did wonder if it could be a prob, I just never asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->