Length of periods after miscarriage

laura.x.x

Reaction score
So im on my second period since my miscarriage (although i doubt its a period now) and i've been bleeding three weeks. Anyone had this before? I'm thinking it could be retained product or another clot?? The first one was normal, about a month after my miscarriage and lasted 6 days. xx

Ooo that doesn't sound fun at all :hugs:

I'd speak to your GP, may be perfectly normal but as you've already had one period that was relatively normal I'd think maybe a quick check up may be in order... take care of yourself x

I agree with herewego, it would be one thing if you didn't have a normal cycle already. I would doubt that there would be a remaining tissue but something is definitely off. Did your dr do blood work to confirm that you're hcg levels went below 5?

Yuck... I would call you Dr. and have them check your levels. There may be some tissue (sorry) left over and your body is trying to expel it. Did you have a blood test done to find out if your hcg was back to 0??? Good luck hun... :hugs:

Same story here... Its been 9 weeks since I found out I was miscarrying. I had what I would have called a period at 4 weeks after I found out. My HCG levels were still high at that point though. I found out my HCG was at 2 last week. I bleed again week 6 and have been spotting now for 3 weeks. I told my Dr. about it and she said that it is normal to bleed/spot for a prolonged period of time as long as its not heavier than a normal period. I've gotten 2 ultrasounds now and both times my Dr. said things looked ok. I had a natural miscarriage, no D&C. I know how you feel I think bleeding/spotting for so long sucks really bad! :(

im currently on my first af since mc and started spotting for 2day then bleeding for 5days then spotting again which has lasted for nearly a week and hasnt stopped yet. glad to hear its not just me, should be oving at the weekend so hoping spotting stops so get cant bding. hoping for my bfp nxt month.

x

I never had blood work done but I took a few tests a few weeks after that came up negative and then again just before my period was due, again negative! But i was at such a terrible hospital I wouldn't be surprised if the surgeon didn't do a proper job on removing the placenta, I've made an appointment for the doctors on Monday morning anyway so probably get referred for another scan (i HATE these types of scans though) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->