Leo Daniel 18/01/10 quick but scary towards the end.

flowertot

mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi all.

will try to keep this as short as possible.:wacko:

it all started on Sunday 17th Jan. i went to the loo just before bed at about 11:30pm and noticed that my plug was starting to come away.:happydance: i went to bed as normal and woke at about 2:30 to use the loo. more plug was coming away so i put a pad on and went back to bed. i was just starting to fall asleep when the first contraction came at about 2:45! they were very mild at first so i just stayed in bed and timed them on my phone. they were coming every 6 mins. i managed to stay in bed until 5am but by this time they were becoming painful so i got out for bed and made a cup of tea and just walked around the house breathing through the contractions. by 6am they were really getting bad so i woke DH who was shocked and dazed:haha:, woke DD and we set off to the hospital dropping DD off at my mums on the way. the contractions were coming every 2 and a half to 3 mins.

got to the hospital at about 7am on Monday morning and was examined and told i was 3cm dialated:happydance:. i carried on breathing through the contractions as i wanted to hold off on pain relief for as long as possible. the midwife moved us to the delivery room straight away and hooked me up to the monitor due to previous reduced movement. i hated this as i could manage the contractions a lot better when i was able to walk around. i was examined again at around 8am and i was 4cm dialated but because i couldn't move around i asked for gas and air then 5 mins after that i asked for diamorphine! the midwife went off to get it and came back about 15mins later and injected it into my leg and told me it would take about 20 mins to get into my system. she said that i could stand up next to the bed if i wanted to and i jumped at the chance. DH helped me off the bed and i was just rocking from side to side still attached to the monitor when the next contraction came OMG it was HUGE and my waters broke and i shouted out that i needed to push. the midwife's face was a picture because i was only 4cm dialated when she last checked around 20 mins ago. anyway the midwife and DH practically shoved me back onto the bed and she examined me again. i was 9cm dialated! i had gone from 4cm to 9cm in 20 mins.:happydance: the fact the diamorphine hadn't kicked in wasn't good though, it was agony:nope:

What happened next was a bit of a blur but i will try to explain it properly.

i remember the midwife saying shortly after that i was 10cms and to push whenever i felt ready. i remember that i only pushed twice and she went into a panic and pressed the emergency buzzer. she said baby's heartrate was dipping dangerously low with each contraction. within seconds the room was full of people. at least three doctors and another 4 midwives. this scared the S**t out of me. a doctor took over from my midwife and was very stern with me saying i needed to push harder as the baby needed to come out now!
after a couple more pushes they realised that baby was facing the wrong way. he was facing sideways instead of downwards. his heartrate was getting lower and lower so the doc decided to cut me and attach a Vontouse to baby's head. i gave a massive push at the next contraction and the docs fell backwards still with the vontouse in her hand which had come off. the pain was unbelievable. everyone in the room was panicing. dh and i saw the looks they were all giving each other and dh started crying and tried to hide his face from me. anyway the doctor quickly reattached the vontouse and told me to push again as hard as i could. i pushed with all my strength and his head came out and then with another big push his shoulders came out and the rest of his body just slid out.

DH was meant to cut the cord and baby was meant to be delivered straight onto my chest but the doctor cut the cord and passed him straight to another waiting doctor as he wasn't breathing. i saw the doctor putting a suction tube down his throat and an oxygen mask on him. then he was pinching his skin a few times until what felt like a lietime afterwards he let out a bellowing cry:cloud9::cloud9:

his Agpar score was 6 at first then went up to 9.

My gorgeous Leo Daniel was born on 18th January 2010 at 9.34am weighing in at 8lb 15oz and 21.5 inches long. he was a bit shocked after the birth but he's settling down a little now.

Both DH and i are totally in love, as is his big sister Holly.

Attachments

• Photo1305.jpg
    Photo1305.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Photo1309.jpg
    Photo1309.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Photo1341.jpg
    Photo1341.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 61
Awwww Congratulations again hun, Sounds as tho you had good old time of it tho. . . .all is well now tho now you can enjoy x x x

congrats hun, leo is gorgeous. so glad it was a good outcome.

congrats what a birth!!! he's gorgeous! what's the leopard print thing he's wearing just wondering cos i wanna get it not sure if it's a coat or snow suit etc... + where's it from course hehe hope u don't mind :) x

congrats what a birth!!! he's gorgeous! what's the leopard print thing he's wearing just wondering cos i wanna get it not sure if it's a coat or snow suit etc... + where's it from course hehe hope u don't mind :) x

its an all in one with a hood. not warm enough to wear as a snowsuit though. its from H&M. not sure if you will find it though because i've had it since my dd was born 2 years ago. i'm sure you will find something similar though. it is very cute.

Sounds very scary but big congrats to you. Leo is gorgeous :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->